Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2014, 03:02 PM   #11
Dia

Re: Author Dia lets you read her stuff for free :)

First Call is free for August. Harry Potter fans will like this one.

An ancient cataclysm. A mystical order. And a little girl with a kitten.

Ailsa Farthane tried to keep her truth-sight a secret, but no one can keep a secret from the Judicars. Now two of them have arrived in Ailsa's village, and they want to take her away to become a Judicar herself.

If Ailsa goes with them, she will have to leave her parents, her only friend and her treasured orange kitten behind. Though she's just eight years old, Ailsa knows three things about Judicars: they can see the Truth, they never lie, and their magic is older than the mountains that guard her country's borders.

FIRST CALL is classic high fantasy set in a world where secrets hold power and Truth can be wielded like a weapon.

Length: short story, 5,100 words (25 pages), plus a short novel excerpt
Genre: fantasy, action & adventure, coming of age
Market: advanced middle grade, young adult (no sex, no swearing)

www.amazon.com/First-Call-Farthane-Stor ... 008CI3YEQ/

Old 08-18-2014, 11:13 AM   #12
Dia

My short, sweet ghost story is free to read at Daily Science Fiction.

http://dailysciencefiction.com/fantasy/ ... e-gate-34b
Old 12-29-2014, 03:48 PM   #13
Dia

For anyone who hasn't discovered Wattpad yet, check it out. Everything there is free to read on a computer, tablet or smartphone.

I've posted several of my shorts, so here's my profile: http://www.wattpad.com/user/KaryEnglish
Old 12-29-2014, 10:24 PM   #14
Site Team

Garage

That was a great read (Totaled)... as in the feeling of camping in my SMB in the Sierra's... as compared to... camping in my SMB at Wal-Mart Got to love the digital color of your yes and no answers. I was kinda deflated in the end but figured it might go that way. Could have been a T-Zone episode.

You made my evening, thanks.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:55 AM   #15
Dia

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
That was a great read (Totaled)... as in the feeling of camping in my SMB in the Sierra's... as compared to... camping in my SMB at Wal-Mart Got to love the digital color of your yes and no answers. I was kinda deflated in the end but figured it might go that way. Could have been a T-Zone episode.

You made my evening, thanks.
You're welcome! And now you've made my day. Writers live for comments like that.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:25 AM   #16
Dia

I have a free mini eARC available to anyone who asks for one on my blog. ARC stands for Advance Review Copy, which means I can email the file (a PDF) to anyone who'd be willing to post a review (usually on Amazon) once the book goes live.

You'll get a total of three stories, plus the art that goes with them, every single one of them an award-winning sci-fi or fantasy tale. One of the stories is pretty dark, PG-13 or so.

You could also PM me here if you wanted to, and give me your email.

http://karyenglish.com/2015/04/free-min ... wants-one/