Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2020, 07:28 AM   #21

Garage
We went into Canada with two cans of bear spray, identical except that one of them was labeled as "bear spray" and the other was not. They confiscated the one not labeled as bear spray. Maybe I should have printed up something saying "bear spray" and glued it to the canister. I suppose it was the letter of the law but either one would have been as effective on people or bears and it seemed kind of picky to me. Maybe they wanted some Canadian merchant to get a sale. I wonder how the provinces are doing financially without tourists to pay that huge sales tax?

wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 10:17 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmike10 View Post
Actually, you can bring bear spray into Canada. We have done it. First, I understand that our northern neighbors distinguish between personal protective stuff like mace in a small concealable container, which is illegal, and bear spray which is sold in large spray cans.
It's true, but I was quite surprised to find this out. We have been driving back and forth to Alaska since the 1980's and many things have changed since then. One thing I have learned is to declare everything as the penalty's for failing to do so are not worth it. In the pasts, we have had our bear spray confiscated, but now when we declare it, we are simply asked to display, it to insure it really is bear spray. That sounds completely reasonable to me........
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:20 AM   #23
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Someone please stop this...your juvenile tactics, your ruse continues on this post too? OMG, I now REALLY don't believe for care a bit about anything you post or say, so save your time and effort and leave the Forum b/c nobody (most probably) like or cares what you say anymore either...grow up dude
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:16 AM   #24

Dude don't engage, he isn't here to discuss it. Just let the moderators delete the posts. He copy/pasted to every thread.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote