Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2021, 05:01 PM   #1

Boulder/Colorado fires

Hey guys, just wanted to pass on that one of our own lost his home in the fires in Colorado. I follow Clarkboulder on Instagram and he posted a picture of the scorched lot where his home used to be.

So hard to see yet another weather driven tragedy this year. Anyone else here know of anyone? I know many SMB members and fans are based in the area. Anyone heard from REF?

Just passing it along, Happy New Year folks. Don't take what you have for granted!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 05:31 PM   #2

Garage
Sorry to hear, hope all or ok. Wish them the best with all going forward.

Totally agree, don’t take what you have for granted.

Happy New Year.
Old 12-31-2021, 07:03 PM   #3
Site Team

Heartbreaking news.

Herb
Old 12-31-2021, 07:14 PM   #4

I've lost count of the friends that I know who have lost their homes. We have offered up our nearby house to several people including Aaron (ClarkBoulder) and hope we can do something meaningful to help our community.

It reminds me how important having a strong safety net is. Good trustworthy friends, family, insurance, and even a van to live in when times are rough are things I hope everyone has... but I know I'm dreaming because a lot of people don't have a fraction of that capability.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 07:44 PM   #5
Site Team

Somewhat trivial in the big scheme of things, but it does bring to mind the value of a camper van as a bug-out vehicle.

Herb
Old 12-31-2021, 09:40 PM   #6

Sorry to hear that he lost his home.

Re bugging out: Our daughter had to evacuate from one of the fires here in Oregon last year. There were so many people evacuating that it took her about three hours to go about five miles. Traffic control was non existent and turned into a disaster in and of itself. Thankfully they did not have any losses.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 08:07 AM   #7
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post
I've lost count of the friends that I know who have lost their homes. We have offered up our nearby house to several people including Aaron (ClarkBoulder) and hope we can do something meaningful to help our community.
Good on ya for doing that---very generous and quite comforting too I'm guessing!

From my far-removed place here in Ohio seems those fires came upon them quite quickly, little to no warning. I'm pleased to know more people weren't lost along with the property that's been wiped out.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
I know many SMB members and fans are based in the area. Anyone heard from REF?
I'm sure he will check in here soon, he was out of town during the fires, but had reports that his home was untouched, although it was without power. He is building a new home too, but it sounds like its ok.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 11:49 AM   #9
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Hey all, all good here, but what a devastating event. Was trying to sift through and process everything happening and managing from afar. Yes, we were out of town when the shit storm went down, just got back sat morning, very surreal, but was aware of what was happening back home and in touch with friends effected.
Our neighborhood was not hit by the fire, but we did loose power for a few days from the 100mph+ winds that persisted for 8 hrs straight.
We have friends that live on the street where the fire started, they are 2 houses up from total destruction, half of their street is completely leveled, they were very lucky.
The areas effected are not in typical fire zones by any means but the extreme high winds paired with extremely dry conditions contributed to this unprecedented event. We just received our first real winter storm, following right after the fire, almost adding insult to injury, if only the snow had come before.
I’m sure many have seen photos or videos posted, there’s one of people being swiftly evacuated from the Costco, you can see the scene outside when they exited, blowing debris and thick smoke, this shows how quickly and how far this fire spread from its original point several miles away, there were obviously no signs of trouble when entering the store only minutes before.
We know several that lost their homes and everything they own, unfortunately including their pets, we are doing what we can to help out and by donating needed items. It is amazing more lives were not lost considering the amount of destruction and complete neighborhoods being leveled.
Thinking of all those effected
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 12:14 PM   #10

Yep, really weird to see the pics now of leveled houses and neighborhoods covered with snow.

Glad you guys are ok REF.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote