Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2014, 06:04 PM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to stiggs Send a message via AIM to stiggs
Broken into

This morning I got into my van to move it and found most of the contents of the cabinets and storage to be on the floor.

I must have left the back door ajar when I went into the house and when I hit the lock it did not lock. The dirtbag junkies got in from the back. They stole quite a few items, but the strangest and I suppose its for scrap was the legs for my Sportsmobile table. They hid the stove down the street, so that I got back, and a few other items, but the table legs are gone with my favorite Pendleton.

Anyways being a 2000 build does Sportsmobile still make the same table?

I followed my emergency water packets to the Vons down the street, where a number of homeless junkies hang out every day and night. Guess they got thirsty carrying all of my stuff.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:39 AM   #2

Garage
Re: Broken into

lame, sorry to hear. i hate thieves...

ive found that when the little deals you push and pull to unlock the doors get gummed up enough with dirt, the power locks dont always work to fully actuate them into the locked position. ive got some bad seals in and around the doors and after a lot of driving on dirt roads i need to get in and clean those out once and a while. ive seen some writeups on how to make your seals work better, but havent tried any of them yet.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiggs
This morning I got into my van to move it and found most of the contents of the cabinets and storage to be on the floor.

I must have left the back door ajar when I went into the house and when I hit the lock it did not lock. The dirtbag junkies got in from the back. They stole quite a few items, but the strangest and I suppose its for scrap was the legs for my Sportsmobile table. They hid the stove down the street, so that I got back, and a few other items, but the table legs are gone with my favorite Pendleton.

Anyways being a 2000 build does Sportsmobile still make the same table?

I followed my emergency water packets to the Vons down the street, where a number of homeless junkies hang out every day and night. Guess they got thirsty carrying all of my stuff.
Sorry to hear you got ripped off. Cranksters in my area are a big problem and it's getting worse. I had to put up a 3000 dollar fence just to protect my van after being busted into twice. Looks like I'm living in a jail but it sure feels better. At least in my situation the alarm went off and I didn't lose much other than windows.

Not too sure about the table stand. Is it the tripod type stand they took?
What is your favorite "Pendelton"? A shirt or a bottle of whiskey?

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #4

yea they are starting to collect at our local Vons and live in cars up near the hill. The Pendleton was a shirt. The table base is a folding three legged wobbly thing, prob given to a scrapper for a buck.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:47 PM   #5
Site Team

Garage

Sportsmobile will sell you the legs only and ship it IIRC. I just don't know if the old model is the same so you might have to purchase the whole thing.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiggs
yea they are starting to collect at our local Vons and live in cars up near the hill. The Pendleton was a shirt. The table base is a folding three legged wobbly thing, prob given to a scrapper for a buck.
Really sorry to hear that Stiggs. We still have our table and stand that sounds like the one you described (our build is 2007). You are more than welcome to it if you want to pick it up in San Diego.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:33 PM   #7

thanks for the offer sdwindansea I could use a surf trip south ill see what my schedule looks like
Old 08-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #8

Not a problem, just send me a PM if you are going to be down this way or want any pictures of what we have.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:41 PM   #9

Shipping shouldn't be expensive without the tabletop and I'm pretty sure the only part of the design that has changed since pre-77-sometime is that the tripod legs replaced the permanent O-mount bolted to the floor, opposite the one under the table top.