Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2018, 10:47 PM   #21
Gone Traveling

Sorry for the typos, grammatical errors and odd repeating of sentences. #SiriSucks!

I think I was trying to say “open forum”, not “appendix” or whatever it said there at the end, lol. I’m gonna divorce Siri, LOL.

VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:13 PM   #22
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
This site is not affiliated with any dealer or Sportsmobile itself and we don't "protect" them. The site is independently run and the moderators are volunteers

While most topics are fair game, where they wander into legal-land we may close them. There are a number of reasons for this.
  • Posting accusations generally results in either the other party or their lawyers showing up to dispute them and the forum gets dragged into the middle. We are a tiny forum and lawyering up is expensive - especially when it's someone elses battle.
  • We have no way to ascertain the veracity of the claims
  • Businesses are vulnerable to claims of bad practices or products by folks who are mad. While there are surely instances where the customer is right, there are cases where the customer is unreasonable. These claims can badly damage the reputation of a company and remain on the internet long after the immediate issue is resolved. When that happens the publishing platform (this board) can be held responsible for allowing this material to remain.

There is a big difference between a "negative experience" and a determined stance to continually post about an issue that is in process of some resolution. There have been multiple posts about this issue on several threads. It has gotten personal with details and names. This is the reason for thread closure.

The forum is not the venue to resolve this. We hold no sway over the involved parties and don't want the platform used to coerce an outcome or to be dragged into the mess. While these posts are still visible we closed the topics because it seemed that this might be moving in that direction. We are trying to find a middle ground here and have left this content up for anyone to view.

Thanks for understanding.
Thank you for this. You made it clear and I appreciate it.

For the record, I am not on a determined course to create hate, convince people that SMBW is horrible etc. etc. It’s just that I have had SO many different and random issues with the top AND the people there, that it may seem like that. This is unique, I agree, but nothing I’ve said isn’t true. And this may not be allowed to be talked about it on here, but it should be. I can’t say what this forum should and shouldn’t allow, of course, but I do wish people’s grievances were allowed to be aired, names and all. But I digress... I will consciously try not to break the rules of this forum, because there are indeed rules.

I hope I will be able to update folks with the resolution, if there is one...

Thanks again to you, for being fair.

@VocalVirgo
VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote