Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #51

Re: "EDC"

Updated EDC

My light is about to be upgraded to a "POCKET ROCKET' of a light that's TI smaller than my V11r but puts out 1,500 lumen!! I'll post pics and info once my order is confirmed

Buck

Buck

Van Specialties build out
buckkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:20 PM   #52
Site Team

Maybe better suited to a place like CandlePowerForum, but I'm growing a little leary of Li-ion batteries, but especially so of multi-cell Li-ion setups like many high power flashlights have.

I know it's a very small percentage of users who have had issues, but there can be some very debilitating health effects if the batteries off-gas, or worse. Some nasty gasses can come from those cells.

I still have a number of Li-ion (single 18650 and single CR123) powered flashlights, but I've done away with my multi-cell ones.

Herb
Old 09-18-2014, 05:32 PM   #53

This will be a single cell power house trust me....the stats are insane considering the size of this light, it will have a five min timer on the high before kicking down to med.
Buck
Old 09-25-2014, 10:09 PM   #54
Site Team

Just had this show up today.

I have a number of fairly nice, relatively modest knives, but I'm always hesitant to EDC them and sometimes even use them over concerns of messing up knives that cost over $100. So, I decided to get an EDC "knife" that I can freely use and abuse, and picked up a Gerber E.A.B. (Exchange A Blade) that uses replaceable utility knife blades.

I don't really like to carry my knives in my pocket, so I had someone make a custom Kydex sheath with a Tek-Lok belt attachment for it. I'm really liking this setup.

Herb
Old 09-25-2014, 11:12 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
Just had this show up today.

I have a number of fairly nice, relatively modest knives, but I'm always hesitant to EDC them and sometimes even use them over concerns of messing up knives that cost over $100. So, I decided to get an EDC "knife" that I can freely use and abuse, and picked up a Gerber E.A.B. (Exchange A Blade) that uses replaceable utility knife blades.

I don't really like to carry my knives in my pocket, so I had someone make a custom Kydex sheath with a Tek-Lok belt attachment for it. I'm really liking this setup.

Herb
Dude....love it! Thanks for the post

Buck
Old 09-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #56

Yeah, that's cool Herb. I like good knives, though I don't have but one, but my favorite one I use at home is a utility blade type like that from Lowe's. I don't have to think twice about what I'm cutting.

Buck, just curious, is that assault rifle really EDC?

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:37 PM   #57

First of all, to everyone who has posted in this thread, if I have offended you in anyway (or if I ever offend you in the future), please accept my profuse apologies...

xcnick: You may want to up your caliber a bit to something like this .410/LC .45 (it comes in various barrel lengths):

Especially if you find yourself flying over bear infested New Jersey or Wyoming, and they are threatening to introduce the Grizzly on our state flag to the California wild (to future parents' grief):

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/fie ... ODYxNzc2S0
2002 E350 ext.; 160K; 7.3L; 4R100 (w/4x4 deep pan & filter); 4x4 conv. w/2007 F250/F350 coil frnt axle (oppos. dual Bilstein press. shocks cured DW) diff chg from 3.55 to 3.73 (bad!); BW1356 t.c. (bad!); LT265/70R17/E Michelin LTX M/S2; Engel MT60 Combi Fridge-Freezer; 4 BP 380J pv panels; Auragen 5kw AC gen. in top alt. position; Webasto Dual-Top; Voyager top. 1995 5.8L EB Bronco, bone stock.
E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:06 PM   #58

Is it the way the photo is lit, or does that barrel look like it has an upward tilt compared to the axis of the cylinder?
Old 09-26-2014, 10:18 PM   #59

It would take a photographer to notice that. The shorter barreled Colt Python's had that appearance too but more pronounced. I don't own a Taurus but my guess is that you are right about the axis of the barrel or maybe barrel shroud, but I would bet that the axis of the bore is spot on with the axis of the cylinder.
2002 E350 ext.; 160K; 7.3L; 4R100 (w/4x4 deep pan & filter); 4x4 conv. w/2007 F250/F350 coil frnt axle (oppos. dual Bilstein press. shocks cured DW) diff chg from 3.55 to 3.73 (bad!); BW1356 t.c. (bad!); LT265/70R17/E Michelin LTX M/S2; Engel MT60 Combi Fridge-Freezer; 4 BP 380J pv panels; Auragen 5kw AC gen. in top alt. position; Webasto Dual-Top; Voyager top. 1995 5.8L EB Bronco, bone stock.
E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:31 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by E350
xcnick: You may want to up your caliber a bit
Funny how just yesterday we were talking about this gun. I was told I could get a light load shell which might make it more manageable.

However something tiny was my first thought. I hate the idea of starving to death and watching squirles run around just out of reach.

Here is my pocket filler with pee wee (North American Arms). All this goes in one pocket. I meant to share this earlier.