Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2014, 03:02 AM   #41

Re: Favorite Beer

oops...wrong thread.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:56 PM   #42
Site Team

Maybe it's not a beer, but drinking out of one of these can only make beer taste better.

I've recently started getting into some really nice, quality tiki mugs, and one of the better tiki mug makers is wrapping up a Kickstarter campaign to make their first beer steins. Not just beer steins, but some sick, twisted beer steins.

The theme of these steins is Krampus, a bizarre, dark, Bavarian counterpoint to Saint Nicholas. Krampus is a half demon, half goat character who swats naughty children with birch branches, and carries off really bad children to hell. Only Bavaria could come up with stuff like this.

They are making them in unpainted, and painted styles.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/66 ... escription

There's only a few days left to get in on this Kickstarter campaign, if you dare.

Herb
Old 01-09-2015, 02:22 PM   #43

Heineken or Foster's Ale (green oil can - when you can only have one beer...) cold after working hard outside on a hot Summer's day.

Anchor Steam when your 1995 Bronco has destroyed its 20-year old automatic belt tensioner and your radiator fan, alternator, and power steering have mysteriously disappeared and you are driving downhill in the mountains only to find under the hood that your serpentine belt is a rat's nest after pulling into Sorenson's resort where the employees are great, they have at least twenty-five specialty beers in the frig, and they let you use their phone because there is no cell service.

Guinness IN THE CAN (when you have had an easy day and just want to sip.)

(I have to respectfully disagree with David_in_TX, above, Guinness in the bottle is just bitter, while Guinness in the can is tasty and smooth. It really is a meal in a can.)
2002 E350 ext.; 160K; 7.3L; 4R100 (w/4x4 deep pan & filter); 4x4 conv. w/2007 F250/F350 coil frnt axle (oppos. dual Bilstein press. shocks cured DW) diff chg from 3.55 to 3.73 (bad!); BW1356 t.c. (bad!); LT265/70R17/E Michelin LTX M/S2; Engel MT60 Combi Fridge-Freezer; 4 BP 380J pv panels; Auragen 5kw AC gen. in top alt. position; Webasto Dual-Top; Voyager top. 1995 5.8L EB Bronco, bone stock.
E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:45 AM   #44

Hi,

Beau's All Natural Lug Tread Lagered Ale is a Kolsch style beer that my wife had run a custom label for our wedding.

Great flavour and it comes in a perfect size bottle.

Fits a man's hand and a man's thirst on those warm days by the lake. Lug Tread! Great 4x4 beer name.

And she likes it too.

Great to see a small business make it so big in only 8 years. Their Octoberfest in 2014 raised $100,000 for charity. Incredible.

Cheers,

Gavin
Old 01-11-2015, 05:57 PM   #45
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
Maybe it's not a beer, but drinking out of one of these can only make beer taste better.

I've recently started getting into some really nice, quality tiki mugs, and one of the better tiki mug makers is wrapping up a Kickstarter campaign to make their first beer steins. Not just beer steins, but some sick, twisted beer steins.

The theme of these steins is Krampus, a bizarre, dark, Bavarian counterpoint to Saint Nicholas. Krampus is a half demon, half goat character who swats naughty children with birch branches, and carries off really bad children to hell. Only Bavaria could come up with stuff like this.

They are making them in unpainted, and painted styles.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/66 ... escription

There's only a few days left to get in on this Kickstarter campaign, if you dare.

Herb
Kickstarter campaign is over. They had a $6000 goal to get the steins made, and raised over $107,000 with 1000+ people backing the project. Must be quite a few beer fans with a twisted sense of humor out there like me.

Herb
Old 01-15-2015, 09:36 PM   #46

One beer for the rest of my life....Pacifico. Sorry not very creative and Oregonian of me but I've never been sad to have one. Something a bit more original would be anything by Pelican Brewing on the Oregon Coast. Their Cape Kiwanda cream ale is outstanding and their IPA is about the only IPA I'd say I really like.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:27 AM   #47

Not sure how I got in his good graces, but for the second year in a row my bro-in-law got me a subscription to the Beer O the Month club for Christmas. God love em. Here's what I'll be sampling this weekend. I have 4 of each, 1 12 pack a month for 6 months. My experience last year with this was that 1/4 of it is amazing, 1/2 is OK, and about 1/4 is something that's not selling anywhere. I'm particularly looking forward to the Mad River Porter.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:57 AM   #48

Garage

Will I be able to wait a year to drink this one?

http://www.stonebrewing.com/enjoyafter/122615/