Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #11
Site Team

We can all just start calling our vans Jagemobiles (JMB).

Herb

Old 12-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #12

Maybe we can sell SBM logo's

Oldbonesclimber
Old 12-10-2008, 07:11 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by deminimis
I'd have to agree the Ford logo deal was a no-no, but Ford was using a sledge hammer to deal with a fly. Again, I saw a lot of this happening in the VW world (some justified. For example, pedal pads with a VW logo on them (which anyone can still buy in Baja)), but much was not justified in my humble opinion. The way that law firm handles it makes my skin crawl.

As far as this site and SMB, I can't imagine Jage would have to worry about it. The folks at SMB all seem very cool.
Yeah, if someone was ripping off my property, I'd want it stopped too, but they way it was handled was ridiculous. This is especially true considering they were using Ford's logo to help advertise their "love" of Ford products, and not to defame Ford in the least. Looks to me that the law firm is churning as many billable (is that a word?) hours as possible.

Herb
Old 12-10-2008, 08:03 PM   #14

Having all the facts on the table sure makes a difference.

Think about it. Ford coming after a podunk website and threatening legal action unless they receive $5k makes absolutely no sense. Fords legal costs alone just to initiate this process would easily exceed that amount. Companies (and people) do dumb things all the time, but almost always unintentionally. There had to have been something more significant at stake to prompt this action from Ford.
R