Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
Site Team

Garage
Friggin Micky Mouse Ford dealership

I just got back from a trip up around Yosemite which was a very interesting trip. A group I work with puts on an Astronomy presentation for the public at Glacier Point; something I usually do it a few times each year if things go right. I thought that I was going to miss the trip because of an engine failure and pleaded with the local Ford dealer to get off their asses and fix my vehicle. Twice they tried to fix it and finally got it right after the second time in the shop. Unfortunately the van was in the shop for over a week, sitting most of the time while they worked on other vehicles. I thought it was only gonna be a couple of days so I left the refrigerator on until I realized how long it was taking. I asked the shop to turn it off and open the door. 5 days later they called asking for oil and filters; it looked like my vacation was only going to be cut by a couple of days. When I brought them the oil I was horrified to find the door still closed on the refrigerator. Then I noticed it was still on! 9.5 volts on my brand new twin 4-D’s. I could have killed the service manager. Friggin jerk. I told them how much they cost, but it was like water off a duck's back. Man I was super mad . Lifeline said not to worry but it’s just the principle of the matter. Anyway I got a hard charge on them and all seems to be OK but I don’t see the voltages like before yet still within range. Time will tell. Well the astronomy presentation went off OK. The park service brought up bus loads of people from the valley a couple of days but we were rained out on Saturday so we left to do some off roading the next day. We left Yosemite for the Fresno Dome area, a great place to off road at located close to the park. At camp I laughed at my buddy’s bag of cookies. Mouse? I told Dunbar he had been infiltrated. When we headed to run one of the trails we pulled over to air down. A mouse fell out under the van. I ran him off and told Don there he goes. That night I thought where there’s one maybe there’s another. This has happened before so I got out my little humane trap door mouse traps out just in case. I set them and 10 min later returning for a beer I was surprised to see both had been tripped. Surely I couldn’t have caught one that quick. I though, maybe I jiggled the van and they tripped. I opened the trap door and out ran a mouse right up my arm! That night I caught 3 mice. I could hear the little bastards. The next day it was war. I got out the sticky traps. I don’t like em but like I said it was war. I caught 3 more on the sticky traps. The next 3 days I caught mouse after mouse all in the humane traps. It seemed like the mice were on to the sticky traps and avoided them but they could not resist the peanut butter inside the humane traps. Hell I got home and caught 2 more. Total 15 mice! Country Ford in Ceres California kept the doors open and the doghouse off for over a week. %$#@(^%%$$. At least the mice were unable to penetrate the pantry. I was surprised how well the humane traps work; well worth the money. Just keep peanut butter on hand. What a trip!

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #2

Garage
Re: Friggin Micky Mouse Ford dealership

Uh... Ok.

Why didn't you just go over there and turn it off to be sure?
Old 09-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #3

SMB ruined about $80 worth of specialty Gluten Free food for me when they took my van and turned the fridge off for about 6 hours... on top of being super expensive frozen stuff that was irreplacible on the road, it was everything I had for the next several weeks. Unfortunately I only discovered it was off a few hours after leaving Fresno, which not only put more time on the melt clock but which meant I was never even able to elicit so much as an "Oh, sorry" from them.

I wish I could identify with having brand new 4Ds, but mine have always been crap...
Old 09-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
Site Team

Garage

Because Jeffery I was told they would turn it off for me. How hard is it to turn off a switch? If they would have fixed the van in the time they quoted me in the first place it would not have mattered. If the dealership makes a mistake and fails to fix something the first go around you would think they would put you on the top of the list and fix it. Not pull it apart and work on other vehicles that are not on warrantee. They were not waiting for parts. Maybe I don't understand business practices. I guess the real answer is trust no one.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #5

Total bummer! Sounds like your Ford folks are nicer to rodents than to paying customers. Our nearby Ford dealership failed even before the recession, due in part to poor customer service. Now the only life left in that big, empty building is mice...
1972 Mercedes 350SL with 4.5l V-8, just because
Wag more, Bark less, Play well with others.
Psomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #6
Site Team

Garage

At least the engine didn't fail so i can't rant too much. I even told the service manager how much the batteries cost and what would happen if they did not turn off the refrigerator like I asked. When i plugged in the van and started the charger while the van was being repaired, the mechanic claimed no body told him. He said the same thing "wow I could have done that for you if somebody would have told me". The mechanic was a great guy. Well like they say &#!* happens. Actually I'll take some blame on the battery issue but the Mice??? Oh yeah I just said that quote.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #7

Hum
Is there a pattern here? Colorado Ford in Needles did it to me. I showed them the plug and they said they would plug it in for me overnight. At least my insurance carrier (Progressive) picked up the tab.
charlie56 is offline   Reply With Quote