Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2021, 05:16 AM   #11
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by porschedpm View Post
Here's the registration info for SEMA.
I got married AND divorced without that much red tape!

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:34 AM   #12

Yea... Think I'll find something else to do with my free time in and around Dad's stuff.

Thanks for the input.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:43 PM   #13

I wish I had seen this in time. SEMA had a "Friday Experience" deal this year allowing the public to attend only on Friday. Price including SEMA Ignited was $60/ticket, and you had to buy it ahead of time (no on-site sales). Maybe keep an eye out for this next year, if they do it again.

To echo what everyone else has said, one day is not enough time to see everything! We went non-stop from gate opening to shutting down Ignite and even skipped lunch, and still saw only a small part of what was there. You definitely need to prioritize what you want to see based on the experience you want to have.

I think next year we're going to go the route of industry credentials so we have more time.
Old 11-15-2021, 04:34 PM   #14

I've been 2-3 times, it's really geared toward business to business. The sales reps try not to, but can't help but get annoyed answering questions from retail-type customers.

Being part of an automotive business and signing up in advance through a business is the way to go. There are some really good seminars on a wide variety of topics as well.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsBeast View Post
I've been 2-3 times, it's really geared toward business to business. The sales reps try not to, but can't help but get annoyed answering questions from retail-type customers.
I could see that happening. The reps I spoke with were all very nice, but not all of them realized that there were public attendees mixed in on Friday. I tried to make a point of differentiating myself as a public attendee for that reason.

I did avail myself of several show deals, and those vendors were just as happy to sell to me as a non-industry attendee. That was pretty cool.
Old 11-16-2021, 04:56 AM   #16

Garage
We heard they opened to the public due to quite a few of the vendors dropping out of the show. Main one being Holley. Surprising as they been buying up lots of smaller companies over the last few years. You’d think they would want to capitalize on all the new avenues of money. That and the fact that a lot of the international companies couldn’t attend due to covid restrictions. Will be interesting to see if they continue to open to the public like they did this year. I’m sure the general public that got wind was stoked to go. I haven’t been since around 05. We were slated to go this year till companies started dropping out. Was kinda bummed when the Bossman pulled the plug on our trip Maybe next year...
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote