Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #11

Re: Going to NYC question

I'd love to meet up. I actually have a D.I.Y. Quadvan, but I have SMB envy, for what that's worth, and I may have SMB Indiana do some work on it this summer.

Unbelievably, two days ago, after never seeing anything like our rigs in Manhattan, parked underneath my window was an incredible mid-80s Econoline in mint condition, 33" BFGs and what looked like a 6 inch lift, 4WD, with no markings on it, but well put together. Did not look like a Quigley from that era, by the way.

It was gone the next morning.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #12

Thanks for the input guys.
Ed in MT I tend to agree with you but our oldest son & girlfriend have been hounding us to visit since they moved there for school a couple of years ago. I originally planned on going down to Kerrville & Hill Country this summer but for some reason I promised we'd visit once we got our SMB. So now I gotta keep my word. We plan on taking along a couple grand kids so it will be an experience for them.
We're driving cause we can. Rather drive our SMB than fly Cattle Car Airlines any day. Also going to visit friends in Deadwood and do some camping/fishing in SE Ohio with old friends too. It's different than out west here but still fun.
We dont carry propane in the van so that wont be an issue. I was kinda hoping to leave it in New Jersey somewhere so there would be no need to drive it into the city at all since we dont plan on driving while there.
Our son's been there 2 years with no car and gets everywhere he wants.
I'll have him check with the 2 lots suggested though since it might be a good idea anyway to keep it close. Rustywolf, you think that RV park would be safe place a few days??
Any other ideas about off HWY routes or POI's while back there would be great. Not sure if we're going to Ohio before or after NYC but we're going to need some back country space after the city for sure. Not to mention getting back on the west side of the Rockies again.
77 Orig Bronco in rebuild mode "uncut"
76 Orig Bronco rebuilt & driven weekly
71 Orig Bronco rebuilt & 4sale gots everything on it
Owned a jimmy once for about 6 months.
https://www.tropicalgardensofmaui.com
https://www.mauicabins.com
twitter @runnin6mpg
Mahukaawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to Greg In Austin Send a message via Yahoo to Greg In Austin

And Mahu let us know when you make it to the Hill Country of The Republic .... We are you down the road.
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (15 to 18 mpg) [Johnnie]
2012 Mitsubishi MiEV (no gas required) ($.50/day in electricity) [Evie]
https://badge.facebook.com/badge/1232...3.32047100.png
Greg In Austin is offline   Reply With Quote