Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2008, 03:12 PM   #1

Google an old grilfriend? Beware, it may be scary.

Ok, things are slow right now. Every couple of months I Google myself (yea, it does sound like it refers to something else) to see if I've got any negative press, blogs, etc. Seeing none, decided to Google some friends and some people from my past. Decided to Google an old girlfriend that still hates me even though we split the sheets 19 years ago (ok, we were together for five years and lived together, so basically it was a mini-marriage....and I was an A-hole). She's a freak'n body builder with implants and all. Holy crap! Would have never guessed. I'm all about equality and all, but to me that whole female body building thing is, well, you know.... To each his/her own I suppose. What really chaps me is she is in way better shape than me and could easily kick my butt. Bet she doesn't have a SMB though. I win.

No, I'm not going to post the link.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to lowracer
Wow things are slow...

I once googled an old high school friend (not girlfriend) that I spotted on classmates.com. She was the most goody-two shoes in high school, though she did kinda start hanging with a bad crowd toward the senior year.

Come to find out (via google) that she was sent to federal women's prison for some kind of multimillion dollar white collar crime scheme.

You just never know. Fortunately googling old girlfriends is complicated by them changing their names when they get married. That's for our protection, guys.

BTW you can set up a google alert on your own name so that whenever any breaking news comes out about you, you'll be the first to know. www.google.com/alerts Turns out I share a name with an up-and-coming actor. I hope he doesn't become too famous. I had the damn name first.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:36 PM   #3

Thanks for the tip. We just did an internet safety training a few months ago and we discussed similar protection/notice features, yet I never got around to doing it for myself. The cobbler has no shoes, I suppose. Just remedied that.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #4

Googling myself doesn't do much good:
about 2,080,000 English pages for
Old 04-20-2008, 01:54 AM   #5

That movie was on hdnet (I think) a few weeks ago and I had to catch it. Actually pretty good. Did you parents name you after that person/character? (it's my understanding that it's a real story...)
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...43791a54be.jpg
Buji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:44 AM   #6

Crow Killer by Raymond Thorpe is the real story first hand from fellow mountain men who were Jeremiah (John) Johnson's contemporaries and friends.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to dave_in_delaware
I've Googled my username (screen name) and come up w/ all kinds of forums I've posted on. I can also Google my "generic" name of my main website and it comes up in the top 5 results, which makes it easy to go to my website.

I've also Googled other peoples' usernames, which makes it easy to find their homepages, MySpace pages, etc...

I've also Googled my Ex-wife's usernames and aliases, to see what kind of crap she's been saying about me. I have pdf "hardcopies" of some of her blatant lies that she's posted about me. Not that I'll ever use these copies, but I have them "just in case" I ever do. It's amazing what other "sources" of info you can get on people. I found an alias for my Ex that I never knew about, and some of the info was disturbing, and could affect certain things/people in the future. Yup: pdf hardcopies are a good thing.

Also, I make it a point to make pdf copies of articles or websites I find useful on the 'Net, because you never know when those sites/articles will be deleted, moved, down, etc when you need them again.

Homebuilt RV Project: Design Phase is 80% Complete! (but on hold until I win the lottery)
Ford E-350 EB w/ Cruiser Top, Flip-down "Gaucho" sofa/bed, custom cabinets, AGM batteries, solar panels, water heater, fresh/gray water tanks, sink, porta-potty....
dave_in_delaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:08 PM   #8

Zaba search

Try.... zabasearch.com next time. Schocking what others can find out about you. Its Amazing and a bit vulnerable. C
4:10 detroit locker
6 inch lift,
man. pop top
Trojans, nerf bars, Tire rack
Yakima surf racks,
Very Very cool looking van
curtis is offline   Reply With Quote