Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2022, 09:31 AM   #21

Do to the discussions of this thread I updated my Tire Pressure Calculator with one more parameter: Tire width, primarily if it >*295mm / 11.5" wide. That will change the value of the load range PSI value. For example E rated tires ≤ 295mm / 11.5 wide will be 80 PSI, tires over > 295mm / 11.5 will be 65 PSI.

Attached Files
File Type: zip Tire Pressure Calc rev2.zip (15.9 KB, 12 views)

Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 12:21 PM   #22
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
I don’t really get all that technical about it. For starters, I would gather your 70psi is for max load, I think you’ll find that most people don’t run their tires at the max.
Unless I’m towing, I typically run my 315’s with a max psi of 65 at 55/60, otherwise it’s like rolling on rocks. It depends on terrain, but I usually air down to 35/40 off road or 30/35 for really rough or larger washboard roads, helps smooth things out a ton.
Get yourself a decent quality compressor, the cheap ones usually over heat quickly and take forever. The ARB or Viair units are nice.
Tires with larger sidewall also help, you may be able to upgrade to a 265 on your next set.
A nice set of Bilstein shocks will also help you out, don’t let the name mislead you, look at their “comfort” series.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 02:06 PM   #23

I apologize to the confusion of my updated calculator post. I had forgotten the link to the other post. In that post it became obvious to me that just relying on the "E" rated code for max PSI was wrong. You can find E rated tires that have a max PSI of 65. These are sometimes referred as E2 ratings, any how the width designation come from this information from Tire Rack

As always I would recommend anyone to follow the load chart for the specific tire you run. I just wanted to update the calculator I had previously created.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 10:02 AM   #24

ARB onboard air with a quick connect on the front and rear bumpers. So very worth every penny.
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote