Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #21

I had a much longer post written but decided to keep it short and sweet. eddyturn is onto something here. Twice actually.

The first is the Mercola article he cites that mentions H. pylori. Everyone experiencing the issues discussed in this thread should test for it.

The second is that mastic gum seems to be helping him. This is because mastic gum kills some strains of H. pylori.

A couple of caveats: 1) H. pylori tests - blood, stool, breath, endoscopy, biopsy, etc. - are notoriously unreliable; and 2) There's a natural tea that's much more effective against all strains of H. pylori.

I would be happy to discuss workarounds for the first caveat and give details of the second if there is interest. I can do it here if members/mods don't mind; or you can PM me for more info.

SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:05 PM   #22

Garage
Hey SteelheadJones,

I'd really like to hear more about your research/knowledge relative to the H. Pylori subject. This is very timely....my Dad has been having some digestive (and autoimmune) issues that several of the MD's have mentioned could be traceable to H. Pylori influence.

He tested positive for H. Pylori about 3 months ago (which I understand nearly 2/3 of the world's population probably has) and underwent one round of antibiotic treatment for it....but just as you're saying, the Docs are now indicating that its really difficult to test for the continued presence of H. Pylori afterward (also due to a number of other meds/treatments he is currently taking.)

With him (my Dad) having had a lifetime of fairly-painful chronic digestive problems, it's definitely leading a number of us in the family to wonder if he hasn't been dealing with possible long-time H. Pylori issues as part of the equation.

Anything you might offer to help guide some more reading/learning/investigation in this area of H. Pylori (detection and treatment) would be very much appreciated. The mastic gum and a tea of some kind have indeed come up in some other readings. (*To your point (and to the moderators), if this is felt to be getting too personal / detailed / off the original subject, this could certainly be moved to an offline discussion.)

May everyone be well / healthy to enjoy their adventures for a long, long time!
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:41 PM   #23

MBR, if it only helps your dad, I'm glad I took the plunge and posted.

I'll PM you so I don't clog up the thread. If others want similar info I'm happy to post here.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote