Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2017, 06:58 AM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleSteve View Post
So maybe I am missing something about how you guys are posting photos. I have no problem posting photos on mobile devices. Here is how I have been doing it when I don’t use a third party host.
When making a post scroll down to the ‘manage attachments’ button shown in the first attached picture. Then a page will pop up to browse for pics, hit the ‘choose file’ button and select your photo from the library. Once you have selected all the images hit the ‘upload’ button and then ‘close window’ (upper right). They will then be listed below the post box.
It doesn’t embed them in the text but adds them to the bottom of the post.
Hope that helps.
Hey! Rock on man, this does indeed help, in that it allows at least some form of adding pictures to a post when on mobile....

I just tried your highlighted technique right now ---- it functions by directly uploading a picture from your mobile device at the same time as you are composing/making the post itself.

Unfortunately we're still left with the same unsolved core issue (that was originally posted about) --- which is that when writing a post using a mobile device, you can't include in your post an image that already exists in one of your galleries. There's still no way to copy the BB linking code for one of your own gallery images and then paste it into a post. (When on mobile.)

Still....dude!
You rock for sharing this....
(This image, below, posted while writing this response from a mobile device....)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6316.JPG  

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:32 AM   #12
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
How to copy picture BB code on mobile app?

As mentioned on the other thread about mobile viewing. Try Tapatalk, while not perfect and a bit of a watered down version, it is formatted for mobile viewing and allows for easier copy/paste of photos.

'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
SMB RB50 w/CCV top
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile RIP kit
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:04 PM   #13

Garage
Since I can’t often help with mechanical stuff, I’m honored to be able to offer one of my previous posts:

Re: posting pics

Click User CP on top of page.

Click Pictures and Albums under Networking category.

Click Add Album at bottom of page.

Click Upload Pictures to copy up to six pics at a time from your computer. If you're wanting to upload pics from some web page, just copy it to your drive first.

When you want to insert one of your album pics to a post, just go to the photo and copy the BB code to paste into your post.

Copying the B.B. code on a mobile device is slightly tricky but, with practice, you’ll get the hang of it. Hold your finger down on the first word of the string [IMG].

Then lift and place your finger on the bottom right dot of the highlight, hold it, then pull it to the right and (very slightly) down. After a few tries, you’ll see it magically highlights the whole link. Press “copy”. Go to your post and paste it wherever you want.

It likes to leave off the first “[“ in front of IMG], so add that if it cuts it off.

Voila, image in your post. Don’t get too frustrated when it doesn’t work right away. It requires some finessing. I think of it as a mindfulness exercise to remind me that everything isn’t instantaneous.

Still, it’s a PITA and should be WAY easier to post images.

Old 10-30-2017, 02:10 PM   #14

Garage
Okay.....trying this out....from my iPhone, using Safari, here goes....copy-pasting from image gallery as you directed, and:

Otter you rock!!

(*btw...WOW, that must get an award for the most tedious skill required to successfully navigate this website!!!)
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:22 PM   #15

Garage
Hahahaha! Yoda’s My favorite!

Tedious, for sure. I can be exceptionally impatient, but persistence is my friend. I do this on my IPad and can’t quite imagine it on my tiny IPhone. I tried Tapatalk, but it annoyed me even more.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:07 PM   #16
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Since I can’t often help with mechanical stuff, I’m honored to be able to offer one of my previous posts:
. . .
When you want to insert one of your album pics to a post, just go to the photo and copy the BB code to paste into your post.
. . . .
Then lift and place your finger on the bottom right dot of the highlight, hold it, then pull it to the right and (very slightly) down. After a few tries, you’ll see it magically highlights the whole link. Press “copy”. Go to your post and paste it wherever you want.
Apologies for the edits to your post. What you're describing is how it should work and it seems to work for you. In my case, the BB code always extends beyond its frame and I can't get the magic button to continue selecting text beyond that point. Probably finger operator error but definitely a PITA as you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleSteve View Post
So maybe I am missing something about how you guys are posting photos. I have no problem posting photos on mobile devices. Here is how I have been doing it when I don’t use a third party host.
When making a post scroll down to the ‘manage attachments’ button shown in the first attached picture. Then a page will pop up to browse for pics, hit the ‘choose file’ button and select your photo from the library. Once you have selected all the images hit the ‘upload’ button and then ‘close window’ (upper right). They will then be listed below the post box.
It doesn’t embed them in the text but adds them to the bottom of the post.
Hope that helps.
I haven't used this approach in a while because the uploaded photo doesn't end up in my albums. Maybe that's changed but I feel kind of fatherly towards my Brownie Box pics and want to keep them close. Also, the point of inserting an image is to have it support the narrative rather than be a footnote, or so it seems to me. However, you're right--this is one way to post pics. Not the way I’d prefer, however.

Don

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:12 PM   #17

I have the same issue. My resolution is to use a wireless keyboard. It gives all the normal keyboard controls that you get on a desktop computer. In this case select all.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote