Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2017, 10:27 AM   #1
Site Team

Garage
How to copy picture BB code on mobile app?

Probably obvious to everyone else but not me. I cannot copy the BB code for a picture while browsing my library from my phone and iOS. The selected-all/copy popup is AWOL I can select a word in the address but there's no cursor to enlarge the selection. Any suggestions?

Don

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:48 AM   #2

Garage
+2
I can't figure this out either.

Really frustrating, have to wait to get to a home computer to do any embedded pictures in a post. (Which usually prevents doing any picture posts while actually on a trip....)

And nobody wants to read a thread that has no pictures....
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:01 AM   #3
Site Team

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:18 AM   #4
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
I think you may have a point. 😊

The old forum had a way to open just the image so you could copy the url. Like Mike says, I end up not posting cuz it's too much of a hassle.

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:03 PM   #5

Garage
Every once in a while a "forum website functionality" question comes up like this. And it seems these questions usually get resolved in one of two ways:

1) someone knowledgeable explains how the not-always-obvious bit of website functionality indeed does work

~ OR ~

2) it is acknowledged that the website is in fact lacking in that functional regard....and then follows a bit of shared sentiment along the lines of "wouldn't it be great if one of the website moderators/architects remedied ________....or "added ________ feature".....or "better organized ________".....

.....but then....it's not clear if anything actually happens to remedy the website's functional hiccup or missing functionality.

(For example, a lot of people still smarting over the loss of all the captions for the years and years of archived photos here on the forum....somehow left behind when the switch happened to the new format....and apparently no chance of recovering those captions, ever? So sad. A lot of neat photos and knowledge, from both past and present members, that have their individual pertinent captions and context lost....)

----------------------------------------

Perhaps this mobile-web-version image-embedding ability is something worth pursuing with a bit-more-than-usual polite persistence?

(That and the "like" button for individual posts that I think 86Scotty mentioned would be great to have....)
Old 10-29-2017, 04:39 PM   #6

Garage
I love this community, and what it adds to my life...but I don't think it is unfair to say that this site is definitely outdated, and lacks current-day and normal functionality. I hope that the site owners will see fit to put the effort into upgrading the site to meet modern standards. If they do not, at some point we might want to consider alternatives.
Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:53 PM   #7

Garage
In fairness, it seems that a lot of what makes the overall vibe/feeling of this forum so uniquely civil and welcoming....is probably the fact the website IS so basic and outdated.

The internet seemed to be a lot more friendly place before social media got so "caffeinated," so to speak.

If this forum's somewhat ponderous posting mechanics/protocol serve to frustrate a little bit over time, they're also likely serving the purpose of making each of us a little bit more thoughtful and considered with what we do end up posting.

And ya know what ---
---- that "little bit of extra effort" that it takes to make a post on here...it might be that very thing that makes all the difference....and what helps keep this forum and community so solid, supportive, and elegant. All that stuff you hear about "before you respond to someone, take a deep breath...."

Don't know about you, but the last time I poked my nose into Facebook, I really didn't like the tone of what I found. So it might not be the best "model" of a website to emulate. This SMB forum is a pretty highly-cherished oasis from that, a rare and special respite from the highly-charged tone of other online social interactions.

Just saying....sometimes old-fashioned isn't a completely terrible thing.
(I'm not back-tracking on my agreement that there's a need to address basic functionality ailments though....)

Seriously. I love what you guys and gals have built here. Hiccups aside this is pretty damn great group of quality individuals engaged in kickass supportive and curious/inventive dialogue. Long may it run!
Old 10-29-2017, 07:54 PM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer View Post
In fairness, it seems that a lot of what makes the overall vibe/feeling of this forum so uniquely civil and welcoming....is probably the fact the website IS so basic and outdated.

Just saying....sometimes old-fashioned isn't a completely terrible thing.
(I'm not back-tracking on my agreement that there's a need to address basic functionality ailments though....)

Seriously. I love what you guys and gals have built here. Hiccups aside this is pretty damn great group of quality individuals engaged in kickass supportive and curious/inventive dialogue. Long may it run!

Well put, Mike! That is the other side of the coin, isn't it? While I find myself annoyed by photos that want to be sideways; no place to archive documents; and the other miscellaneous frustrations of working with steam gauge technology, I absolutely agree with you that this forum is a precious oasis, and perhaps one of the things that keeps it so is that very steam gauge technology.

Go figure.

I love each and every one of you, and all of the ways that we reach out to and help each other. May we keep this oasis, always.
Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:07 PM   #9

Well said, Mike!

One thing I like about some other forums I'm on is that the 'like' button is there and you also get a list of who has liked it, which shows the community's involvement without a lot of clutter. Some threads might wind up shorter, but it's a great way to see who has read and appreciated what you've said without them having to spend time formulating a response for every single post.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:11 PM   #10

So maybe I am missing something about how you guys are posting photos. I have no problem posting photos on mobile devices. Here is how I have been doing it when I don’t use a third party host.
When making a post scroll down to the ‘manage attachments’ button shown in the first attached picture. Then a page will pop up to browse for pics, hit the ‘choose file’ button and select your photo from the library. Once you have selected all the images hit the ‘upload’ button and then ‘close window’ (upper right). They will then be listed below the post box.
It doesn’t embed them in the text but adds them to the bottom of the post.
Hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
56EA5C61-05F4-42F9-8D82-4F95177183D6.jpg   43B66375-4BB9-4ED1-A5C6-296A33FDA58B.jpg  
TeleSteve is offline   Reply With Quote