Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2014, 11:59 PM   #31

Re: Huge land closure proposed for Sierra Nevada range.

Sorry guys especially BroncoHauler, daveb, and even Dick. Dick has a political point of view. I wish I didn't. But ever since our freedoms stopped being Constitutionally based and became Politically based (meaning the majority in power decide what freedoms you have rather than the Constitution) I have had to become politically aware.

Anyway nuff' said by me. (But I am not promising to avoid making asinine posts in the future. Because they usually seem brilliant to me at the time...)

Since this forum is a national forum it would probably be good to log proposed closures here, just so we can have a national perspective.

GoodOnYa' daveb!

2002 E350 ext.; 160K; 7.3L; 4R100 (w/4x4 deep pan & filter); 4x4 conv. w/2007 F250/F350 coil frnt axle (oppos. dual Bilstein press. shocks cured DW) diff chg from 3.55 to 3.73 (bad!); BW1356 t.c. (bad!); LT265/70R17/E Michelin LTX M/S2; Engel MT60 Combi Fridge-Freezer; 4 BP 380J pv panels; Auragen 5kw AC gen. in top alt. position; Webasto Dual-Top; Voyager top. 1995 5.8L EB Bronco, bone stock.
E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #32

Bump!
No driving.
No picture taking.
No logging.
No fireplaces.
Just forest fires.
Just one more excuse for crotch tasering.
2002 E350 ext.; 160K; 7.3L; 4R100 (w/4x4 deep pan & filter); 4x4 conv. w/2007 F250/F350 coil frnt axle (oppos. dual Bilstein press. shocks cured DW) diff chg from 3.55 to 3.73 (bad!); BW1356 t.c. (bad!); LT265/70R17/E Michelin LTX M/S2; Engel MT60 Combi Fridge-Freezer; 4 BP 380J pv panels; Auragen 5kw AC gen. in top alt. position; Webasto Dual-Top; Voyager top. 1995 5.8L EB Bronco, bone stock.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #33
Site Team

Garage

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:35 PM   #34
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhally
I don't know anything about this particular issue, but would like to share a slightly different perspective on environmental protection/land use regulations.

I just think about the future, like my (future) grandkids and even their children. What kind of environment will they experience? If we make decisions now to regulate/close/restrict, it will affect both us and future generations. The regulations can be undone or changed in the future if that is the sentiment then.

However, if we go ahead and do more development now, like roads, more access, more activities, it will be almost impossible to reverse that in the future.

So even though I enjoy recreating on public lands, I don't argue or vote too hard against environmental protections. Yes, it may be excessive now, it may restrict MY access/enjoyment now, but I would rather err on the side of letting my great-grandchildren enjoy the outdoors.

Is that you skiing? You look like a skinny John Candy! I miss John Candy!!! Looks like fun~
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:22 AM   #35

I don't know how to be gentle regarding the Environment, but I do know that soft-headed gentle people are ruining the Environment by suggesting "regulation" as a way to protect it.

Because "Regulation" is all too often an ineffective reaction to the effect (not the cause) of a problem. And soon it spawns a government agency the continued existence of which is antithetical to the elimination the problem.

In the 1970's, when Sierra Club policy was scientifically-based rather than politically-based, the club clearly identified the number one cause for environmental degradation in the U.S.:

Over Population.

Period.

"In 1969, the Sierra Club published Paul R. Ehrlich's book, The Population Bomb, in which he said that population growth was responsible for environmental decline and advocated coercive measures to reduce it. Some observers have argued that the book had a "racial dimension" in the tradition of the Eugenics movement, and that it "reiterated many of Osborn's jeremiads."[45][46][47]

In 1978, John Tanton, former Chairman of the National Sierra Club Population Committee and former President of Zero Population Growth, founded the Federation for American Immigration Reform.[47]

During the 1980s, some Sierra Club members, including Paul Ehrlich's wife Anne,[45] wanted to take the Club into the contentious field of immigration to the United States. The Club's position was that overpopulation was a significant factor in the degradation of the environment. Accordingly, the Club supported stabilizing and reducing U.S. and world population."

[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_Club]

Unfortunately, the club has taken down their old population policy statement:

Sierra Club. "Sierra Club Policy: Population." http://www.sierraclub.org/policy/621.html

Today, one political party advocates uncontrolled population streaming through the Southern border because they constitute undocumented Democrats.

Another political party silently (because they are afraid of the T.E.A. Party) allows uncontrolled population streaming through the Southern border because they are a source of hard working near slave labor because 49% of Americans are takers who would rather be paid for contributing nothing to their own existence instead of making enough money to pay for their own existence.

One party says the undocumented are taking jobs which Americans don't want to do. While the Chamber of Commerce in other party recognizes that American business does not want to hire the available pool of documented lazy takers only to get tied up in anti-business labor law protections when they later try to fire their "lazy a$$e$" for being unproductive.

Even the productive makers want their Social Security benefits which means they are participating in an unsustainable Ponzi scheme which is dependent upon population growth to have even a hope of becoming sustainable:

"So in 1960 you’ve got four workers supporting each person on Social Security. Currently that ratio is down to 3 to 1. If current demographic trends continue by 2032 there will only be two workers for each Social Security recipient.

That ratio isn’t sustainable. Something’s gotta give." What makes it worse is what isn’t shown are Social Security Disability, Medicare/Medicaid, and unfunded public retirement benefits. Those are uncapped entitlement programs with much higher combined liabilities than Social Security.

http://www.lesjones.com/2008/07/30/r...n-the-decline/

So, all you soft-headed gentle people, if you care about the Environment, you will have to start with yourself, by taking care of yourself, and not asking your fellow Americans to take care of you. And you will have to start advocating:

"Borders, Language and Culture."

Why?

1. Because a fence at the Border will control population (as well as measels, and tuberculosis, etc.).
2. Because a common Language unites our Culture, while a "diversity" of languages divides us (think of the root for the word "diversity" for Christ's sake!).
3. Because traditional Americans share a common Culture which respects the Environment, which most other cultures simply don't. Move to Mexico City if you don't share my Cultural protection for the Environment for Christ's sake. But don't move Mexican culture here if you want to protect the Environment.

On a personal note, ever since I became a Christ-loving Buddist I have come to accept the fact that soft-headed liberals will destroy the Environment in this country by over-regulation and failing to address the real cause of harm to the Environment. (Although as a follower of Ayn Rand, I still have this undercurrent of desire to try to save my Country...)

Finally, Social Security, Social Security Disability, SNAP (Welfare programs), Obamacare and other charities are not "Christ-like." Christ only fed the masses once, which was loaves and fishes for 5,000.* Christ showed that he had the power to feed the poor. And by doing it only once, he showed that he chose not to feed the poor more than once. Jesus was not a rolling buffet. And Christ's way is not to feed the World's poor.

So, to protect the Environment, maybe we should get back to science, start taking individual responsibility for our own existences, stop paying for the existence of others, and really protect the Environment by stabilizing or reducing American population growth starting with building a fence on our Southern Border?

* Edit: Scriptural error alert! I learned at my 6 am Friday Christian men's group this morning that Jesus fed the masses twice, once a crowd of 5,000 (Mark 6:30-44) and then a crowd of 4,000 (Mark 8:1-8). Obviously, I am still stumbling towards Christ.

Feeding people is merely a popular tactic which organizations often use to attract new members.
Attached Thumbnails
challenges28-640.png  
Old 02-05-2015, 10:11 AM   #36

Oh yeah, one more thing... For all you soft-heads out there who think that the "government" cleaned up our Environment. All countries -- even ones with filthy Environments where the ports smell like poo -- have governments. It is our unique Culture which cleaned up our Environment. Not our government.
Lose our Culture.
Lose our Environment.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:36 AM   #37

*jageskeysarejinglingupinhere*
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:07 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by E350
(Although as a follower of Ayn Rand, I still have this undercurrent of desire to try to save my Country...)

OK, I'm just going to back up slowly so I don't startle you and then I'm going to turn around and run like hell.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:05 PM   #39

Viejo: Well if that's the only problem you have with my post, then I'd say we share some common ground...

Or, at the very least, that we could sit around a campfire, share a beer and talk.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:34 PM   #40

I certainly agree the real problem is POPULATION (world Population) and GREED, corporate or otherwise, and I don't see ANY way to change that short of a Nuclear war or Genocide, and I'm Praying against either. As for me I'm going to do the things I can do to enjoy myself and try not to dwell on the things out of my control. I still think we live in the Safest and Freeist place on the planet.

That's my opinion and you are entitled to it.

Paul