Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2018, 09:54 PM   #31

And Parker Lake

All great suggestions for camping and fall colors along 395. Also add in the short hike to Parker Lake just off the June Lakes loop.

Take as much as time as you can, so many great places to see this time of year between Reno and Lone Pine.

Owned a 2007 Sprinter poptop and now For Sale 2016 170" 4x4 overlander with durable cabinets, hot water with collapsible shower, sink, toilet, air compressors, electrically raising queen bed, four+ bike garage, rotating two person passenger bench, suspension, rack, skid plates, lights & more. Build out videos at www.vantripping.com and https://www.youtube.com/@vantripping
kcshoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:18 PM   #32

More camping options

About three weeks ago I boondocked on one of the secluded dirt roads just west of Mono Lake. Very quiet except for the occasional coyote. Another night was spent in the pines of the National Forest just south of Mono Lake. That night I was visited by a large flock of sheep. I wanted to talk to the shepherd (Basque guy with a donkey) but I stayed in my van because his four large sheep dogs did not look friendly. I also camped at the end of the road going up to Emma Lake on Mount Emma which is about 20 miles north of Mono Lake. The foliage there was beautiful. BTW, I am in central Kansas now. Not much foliage here but some flooding from the storms that went through Tuesday and Wednesday.
Merton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:17 PM   #33

just back from 395

just getting home from our annual 395 tour. The colors are good but have been better. Here is a very reliable and up to date FB page with the latest info and photos. For sure Bishop Creek is a winner right now. The June Lake Loop is late and just coming in.
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...ic%20hwy%20395
RLFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:19 AM   #34

June Lake has the most beautiful fall colors we have ever seen, a few years back now. Yes with a row of photographers lol.
Bristlecone Pine area (out of Big Pine hwy 168) is a scenic out & back also, not sure about the colors there (rode thru there in May). Hwy 168 is a good shortcut to Vegas.