Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #11
Site Team

Garage
Re: If your bored today and Sunday and want to BS

I was riding the Pugsly at the open. House

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #12

Kelly,

After talking to BoyWonder I believe you, he and BrianBlair share some common interests. And you all seem to know and visit some of the same bike shops and rides.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #13

Well, my installation is set with Deaver on Dec 9th. Now I've got 5 or 6 hours to kill. Turner HQ in Murietta is 60 miles. La Brea Tar pits is 50 in downtown LA.

What's a bored guy to do? Where's this bike shop again?
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #14

Near Santa Ana is Tustin, home of both the bike shop and a nice car/motorcycle museum - the Marconi Museum. The Marconi has some Ferraris, American and European muscle cars, race cars, F1 Ferrari driven by Michael Schumacher, and more. very nice, and you can get close to the cars. $5 suggested donation and worth a couple of hours.

Marconi Automotive Museum
1302 Industrial Drive
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 258-3001
Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 4:30pm

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_6L_E350
Near Santa Ana is Tustin, home of both the bike shop and a nice car/motorcycle museum - the Marconi Museum. The Marconi has some Ferraris, American and European muscle cars, race cars, F1 Ferrari driven by Michael Schumacher, and more. very nice, and you can get close to the cars. $5 suggested donation and worth a couple of hours.

Marconi Automotive Museum
1302 Industrial Drive
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 258-3001
Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 4:30pm

Mike
Thanks Mike! That sounds like an excellent way to kill a few hours. I guess I'll be arriving at Deaver first thing. Might just pull into a parking lot after doing the drive from Flagstaff and crash but it doesn't sound like the nicest of areas. Any ideas for boon docking in the area or off of I15?

I'm a bit leery of LA traffic. Folks in my town get wigged out when traffic costs them 5 min.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #16
Site Team

Garage

You can kinda boondock at the 138 and the 15. just go right and on your right side is few dirt roads you can park on and is close to the 15.

the shop is on La Palma in Anaheim. i think its 5201 lapalma but I do know its at the corner of La palma and Kellogg.

How are you getting around when they have your van? No real parking other then street parking at Deavers and no I would not camp in that hood.

Kelly

Thanks Mike! That sounds like an excellent way to kill a few hours. I guess I'll be arriving at Deaver first thing. Might just pull into a parking lot after doing the drive from Flagstaff and crash but it doesn't sound like the nicest of areas. Any ideas for boon docking in the area or off of I15?

I'm a bit leery of LA traffic. Folks in my town get wigged out when traffic costs them 5 min.[/quote]

Old 11-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #17

[quote="Gooseberry"]You can kinda boondock at the 138 and the 15. just go right and on your right side is few dirt roads you can park on and is close to the 15.

the shop is on La Palma in Anaheim. i think its 5201 lapalma but I do know its at the corner of La palma and Kellogg.

How are you getting around when they have your van? No real parking other then street parking at Deavers and no I would not camp in that hood.

Kelly [quote]

Thanks for the info. I can rent a car if I want to check out the sites but I suspect I'll want to watch them swap the springs out and in case anything comes up like brake lines or something. I then need to travel to SF for the biggest gathering of science geek in the world. The American Geophysical Union meeting.

What's the latest I might think about getting on I5? Is 4pm too late to get by downtown and start heading north. I thought I might then camp around Mt. Pinos and maybe do a ride but it's a bit high in elevation. Not sure if that area got snow or rain out of this last storm.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #18
Site Team

Garage

I would never tell anyone to drive up the 5 from Santa Ana anytime of day. I would suggest the 57n to the 210w to the 5n but at close to 4 or 5 your in for a slow ride.

It's safe to say pinos will have snow

With Deavers check to make sure your wheel is centered in the wheel well (find a point you can measure front and back and get a starting measurement then re measure after they are installed) mine was 5/8 off and when they fixed that they put a shackle bolt in backward so it would hit the frame and make some cool noises. If you removing your smb lift blocks you will need to make some new bump stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseberry
You can kinda boondock at the 138 and the 15. just go right and on your right side is few roads you can park on and is close to the 15.

Kelly
Quote:

Thanks for the info. I can rent a car if I want to check out the sites but I suspect I'll want to watch them swap the springs out and in case anything comes up like brake lines or something. I then need to travel to SF for the biggest gathering of science geek in the world. The American Geophysical Union meeting.

What's the latest I might think about getting on I5? Is 4pm too late to get by downtown and start heading north. I thought I might then camp around Mt. Pinos and maybe do a ride but it's a bit high in elevation. Not sure if that area got snow or rain out of this last storm.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #19

[quote="Gooseberry"]I would never tell anyone to drive up the 5 from Santa Ana anytime of day. I would suggest the 57n to the 210w to the 5n but at close to 4 or 5 your in for a slow ride.

It's safe to say pinos will have snow

With Deavers check to make sure your wheel is centered in the wheel well (find a point you can measure front and back and get a starting measurement then re measure after they are installed) mine was 5/8 off and when they fixed that they put a shackle bolt in backward so it would hit the frame and make some cool noises. If you removing your smb lift blocks you will need to make some new bump stops

Kelly [quote]

Thanks for the tips Kelly. Having read all the Deaver threads I recall this info as well as the bump stops. Apparently, Deaver isn't too worried about bottom-out protection with their bigger leaf pack? Odd, I'll fabricate bump stops when I get back.