Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2020, 08:27 PM   #21

Not an owner, but take a look at the VANDOIT Ford conversions out of Kansas City. Very modular, and they can also be rented.

rpoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:27 PM   #22

I’ve been watching this forum for quite sometime thinking I wanted a SMB but the age of the vehicles and breakdown concerns shifted my search for something newer and toward high top vans. I just purchased a Storyteller Outland Sprinter. It has a little of everything (bathroom, kitchen, sleeping for 2 adults and 2 kids) and seating for 4. It’s pricey but I like the open layout and room for bikes. Another option to consider. https://youtu.be/1aaHFXM7ARE
Stevencalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 02:45 PM   #23

We have been in the same boat - almost pulling the trigger on a custom build for years but then just camping out of the truck. Having two kids has made things a bit more complicated since we all mountain bike - so, really have been between a pop-top and other options - then I discovered the Storyteller Overland Mode and that threw another whole wrench in things b/c it seems so well laid out and might work for us. Really wonder how you're liking it. We were about to pull the trigger on a Solis but found the Mode so I reached out and my dealer is about to get some in so I put a hold on one. Kids are killing me b/c they want the pop-top but I want something to use for around town as well!
keypocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, newbie