Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #21

Re: Ladies, Kids, Admins, and Jage... Don't read this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasrandall
Why does someone move from jersey to elko? Get ready for culture shock!

plenty of reasons....there are like minded people leaving new jersey all the time...im in the storage business and i hear people relay their reasons for storing...typically because they are moving...and it is usually out of jersey....most go to the carolinas...a few go west...

i suppose the quickest answer would be that while its been home for 41 years for me...ive felt like a fish out of water for about half that time, witnessing the changes...

its incredibly expensive. id rather live on a raft in the atlantic and deal with those perils.
its unbelievably overdeveloped. no room. no quiet. unless you are a gazillionaire and live in wealthy areas. moving to rural jersey doesnt help much.
gun laws suck major rat balls.

the list is huge really.

a little bit of culture shock, in the manner which i already sort of desire, will be ok. i have a pioneering spirit.

i also prefer smaller groups of people and close meaningful relationships. the hardest thing to do will be to leave my friends and family. but they are all supportive and cool. i make friends fairly easy.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #22
Site Team

Garage

Well California aint much different...just more room. At least for now.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
Where exactly is the room? I moved out here to the bay area from Atlanta four years ago and I must say while Atlanta is no prize it beats here as far as how crowded it is. California is so beautiful in many ways but why everyone here all want to live in the same little areas in tiny little homes with tiny little yards is beyond me. Even the super bumpy roads and freeways are parking lots most of the time. Where is Elko again? That sojnd kind of nice...OK I will stop my rant now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogone
Here's link to our Taylor Arts FB page which has a "preview" that Christine made for me for my birthday, yesterday. Look at the first thing on the page "Marc's Birthday Adventure" I'm putting this up off the "TGTBT" thread 'cause there's no footage of the van in action, 'cept for one or two quick frames. More accurately depicts my attitude vs. the vitriol that I opened this thread with.

https://www.facebook.com/TaylorArts
Marc tell Christine the movie trailer/teaser is awesome... Suzann and I are in suspense for the release of the new Taylor Arts Feature Film... You guys do such a great job on your movies....
2004 F-350 Dana 60
Ultrasport12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:04 AM   #24

Glad you're back Marc. There's a pic on FB where it looks like Christine is holding your tators...I mean she is, but it looks like she really is (if that makes any sense). lol

Been to NYC a few times and I share your view. Not only is it too many people for me, you can't get a meal for less than $50! Vienna Sausages and fried Spam will be in my pantry on my next trip!

By the way, glad to hear folks are digging the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I actually live in Long Beach, MS which adjoins Pass Christian. In October, y'all all need to come on down for the Cruizen The Coast. There will be more hot rods, classics and rat rods than you can shake a stick at.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #25
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrasport12
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
Where exactly is the room? I moved out here to the bay area from Atlanta four years ago and I must say while Atlanta is no prize it beats here as far as how crowded it is. California is so beautiful in many ways but why everyone here all want to live in the same little areas in tiny little homes with tiny little yards is beyond me. Even the super bumpy roads and freeways are parking lots most of the time. Where is Elko again? That sojnd kind of nice...OK I will stop my rant now.
THE BAY AREA! You went from the frying pan into the fire. You've made my point. If it keeps going the way it is now days, a couple of things can happen with this state...Soylent green or the Oklahoma dust bowl. I love living in the country meaning living in a town not a city. Aint no traffic jams unless the dog is sleepin on the road when the meat store is grillin on main street. Sure, there are some big towns and 99 can get crowded at times around here but I can still find spots where a visit to the neighbors requires a vehicle to get there. Totally in favor of splitting this state down the middle from the coast range over...that's east and west. Not saying there aren't some good people over on the west side but I say let the coast deal with their own problems. When big cities fail why do the country folks have to follow their failures? Why should the US follow the failures of California? My guess is New York isn't much different. The big cities used to benefit the little towns, now they hog tie em and myself I have no love to visit them.
A few years back, some SF nuts were protesting and were drinking this stuff that made em puke. The local bay area people thought it was cool to let them puke on their cars...puke on there cars One of them idiots came towards my truck and I told them to back off or...well I can't post that.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #26
Site Team

Something to remember. Even if you're way ahead in the Rat Race, you're still a rat.

Once I exit Hal, this is what I do.
https://larry.wvnet.edu/~van/pics/lic...late-small.jpg
WWW.WVBIKE.ORG
WVvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVvan
Something to remember. Even if you're way ahead in the Rat Race, you're still a rat.

its the quest for cheese
Old 08-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #28

We can all attest to not loving the Big Cities. But I for one am glad the residents are happy there.
Marc, aren't you glad they don't want to move to Taylor, Mississippi.
I was on a Backpacking trip in Kings Canyon Natl Park a few years ago and had not seen another sole except my partner for 5 days. Perfect weather, extraordinary views. I had to thank all those taxpayers from NY, LA SF and Chicago for providing me with this Park. Lets keep em happy in NY. Ignorance can be Bliss. What if they all wanted SMBS? Go to Yosemite sometime and experience the Campground Ghettos.

Paul

And keep those GREAT Videos coming.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbonesclimber
We can all attest to not loving the Big Cities. But I for one am glad the residents are happy there. I had to thank all those taxpayers from NY, LA SF and Chicago for providing me with this Park. Lets keep em happy in NY. Ignorance can be Bliss. What if they all wanted SMBS? Go to Yosemite sometime and experience the Campground Ghettos.
Rear Axle - 1 Ton Spec Dana 60/Full Floating
Eaton E-Lockers Front And Rear/4:10 Gears
ARB Differential Covers - Nodular Iron With Dipstick And Drain Plug
Leaf Spring Suspension Front And Rear
46 Gal Transfer-Flow Fuel Tank
ExtremeAire Magnum Air Compressor
Reunel Rear Bumper
On And On ...
BIGVANS is offline   Reply With Quote