Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
Site Team

Lending your RV

Quote:
JACKSON, Miss. -- Authorities said a second man has died from injuries sustained in the crash in southern Mississippi of a motorhome carrying people from Georgia to New Orleans to attend the national college football championship game.

Forrest County, Miss., Coroner Butch Benedict said Sunday that 66-year-old Alfred Holt Jr. of Lithonia, Ga., the driver of the vehicle, died Sunday. On Saturday evening, 47-year-old Darryl Parker of Riverdale, Ga., died in the wreck.

The motorhome's owner said he let a group of friends borrow the vehicle to travel from the Atlanta area to New Orleans to attend Monday's Bowl Championship Series national title game.

Mississippi Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Miller said the motorhome blew a front tire, ran off Interstate 59 in Forrest County and hit a tree. At least 10 people were injured.
No way I'd let someone borrow my RV. Not only for a safety reasons but I've just got too much time put into it. If they were to frack it up I could never forgive them. That includes my brother.

Once I exit Hal, this is what I do.
https://larry.wvnet.edu/~van/pics/lic...late-small.jpg
WWW.WVBIKE.ORG
WVvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
Site Team

Re: Lending your RV

"...and hit a tree. At least 10 people were injured."

I have to wonder if it was a single vehicle accident (hitting the tree) or more than that. 10 people in a RV could be serious overloading depending on the RV in question.

Someone inexperienced with a large vehicle, suffering a blowout, is a horrible recipe for disaster. Sad news.

Herb
Old 01-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
Site Team

No way would I let anyone else use my SMB. I hardly even let my wife drive it, and, theoretically, it is hers.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmcintire
No way would I let anyone else use my SMB. I hardly even let my wife drive it, and, theoretically, it is hers.

:a2:
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #5

Had a friend who loaned some other friends their car briefly. They got in a wreck and their car was totaled. It was completely on the original friends insurance. Meaning no matter who is driving the original insurance stays with the car so ultimately the car owners are responsible for everything that happens to the car no matter who is driving it. No way I would met anyone else drive the car. If it gets totaled I want to be the one to do it.
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roonie
Had a friend who loaned some other friends their car briefly. They got in a wreck and their car was totaled. It was completely on the original friends insurance. Meaning no matter who is driving the original insurance stays with the car so ultimately the car owners are responsible for everything that happens to the car no matter who is driving it. No way I would met anyone else drive the car. If it gets totaled I want to be the one to do it.
I totaled a car last year, and it is no fun. I'd rather have somebody else do it - then I could yell at them instead of my wife yelling at me.

That said, I will never loan out my SMB, never, no way!

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is online now   Reply With Quote