Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2018, 11:41 AM   #1

Looking to get an ambulance-type vehicle shipped or driven back

Hey guys, I just bought a fire rescue truck and am looking for shipping options. Pickup is in Oregon (60 miles west of Portland), delivery is anywhere in Minnesota (I can meet the driver wherever is most convenient). Curious what options are out there? Vehicle is a 1996 Ford F-350 with an ambulance box on the back. I'm definitely open to paying someone to fly in, and drive to MN.

rgaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:56 PM   #2

Garage
No doubt other that may be able to help out, but I'm only aware of one member that has participated in this type service - ordinarily I wouldnt direct attention to another without their permission, but he has openly announced his involvement in such activity - may try reach out for dig255
Old 08-17-2018, 05:34 AM   #3
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Also maybe not too helpful but twice in late 2016 and middle of 2017 I had occasion to help ship a 27' Airstream TT, first from TN to Columbus OH then from Columbus to a ship in Baltimore. Both instances had been arranged through UShip by the Airstream's owner who lives in Denmark.

Things went very smoothly, both drivers were on time, went a bit over and beyond expectations as far as just dragging something from here to there, the TT arriving at each destination on time and damage free.

If someone here has direct experience with this sort of service whose also a member here they'd be my first choice. Otherwise I'd look through UShip for a highly rated service---nothing speaks louder than first-hand experience.

BTW would love to see this project progress---sounds interesting!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #4

Hey all, just an update, I was "finally" able to locate a carrier that could transport it for me. However, dig255 was great to work with, he laid out the protocol, and I would definitely use him if I couldn't find a regular transport.
rgaller is offline   Reply With Quote