Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #21

Re: My first earthquake.

it's never good when Jim Cantore of the Weather Channel is doing a live feed a mile from where you live.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:36 AM   #22

lol true...

they closed the gsp for points heading south to the shores...so many are saying this is historic but im not feeling it....at least not for up here...its currently cat 1 near the carolinas...i dont see a well defined eye in the sat shots im looking at so to me it appears to be dispersed somewhat from what it was.

flooding is always an issue though so i can see that
Old 08-27-2011, 09:40 AM   #23

Send a message via AIM to MikewTV

Okay, I went ahead and bit the bullet and removed all the canvas covering from my 24 foot long/12 foot tall Shelter Logic garage. I just didn't have a good enough reason not to other than that it was a PITA. It wasn't really as bad as I thought. I imagine putting it back up will be the more onerous part. I left the framing up and assembled. It is anchored in 6 places (probably should be 12.) But, the frame work doesn't seem likely to be affected by wind. And, if it were - there are far worse things that will be flying around first with all the trees here.

On the upside - given that we have well water and will lose power for a week or so...I'm so glad I own a porta potti. (it's the little things.)

Good luck down in the city Nomadcat.