Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2021, 03:16 PM   #21

Garage
Walking by the E350 field van at the Lake Tahoe AVE we saw $251k...we didn't look at the list of what comprised that cost.

We met the owner of the Fresno demo E350 in Sebastopol this past week. She said it was a 2-year wait list and they offered her the demo to beat the wait.

Old 10-10-2021, 05:47 AM   #22

"Sorry Mr. Smith. Yes, we realize your order was next in the que but we decided to skip you and upsell your slot 30k".

Why?

"Because Covid."
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 07:15 AM   #23

Does she live in Sebastopol? Is she single? Lol

I live in the area. Would be cool to see that rig.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 11:31 AM   #24

Hey this keeps the value of what we have on the up and up.
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 03:53 PM   #25

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellpilot View Post
I saw this Field Van at the Bend Oregon Van Expo. Sticker on the van was $220,685.00
I was there as well and actually think I parked right next to you! I talked to I think Jonny Feld and he said "honestly I can't believe we are only charging 220k for these. With how much we have invested in the molds and engineering I think they should be much more." He also said that they have gone through 3 different molds so far trying to get it right.
aarcaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 12:20 AM   #26
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
The Govt...inflation...hahahah good one there...you make me think you were bonkers...b/c that is just crazy $tupid talk...TRUTH is ANYBODY that has EVER SOLD ANYTHING TO CONSUMERS...people only pay for something they want and the more they want it, the more they will pay for it...simple math actually...they wouldn't sell it for that price if there weren't people lined up to pay it...you 'think' too much? I guess you don't have too much money to worry about too much money...lkie asking the Bentley Dealer, "what's the MPG on the new Bentayga line?" If you are really angry about it, sell your SMB to some 'sucker' that is willing to pay an outrageous amount for something that is rare in the first place....then maybe go buy a Revel (lolol) wait, they are up to $150k now?
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 07:27 AM   #27

Can't telli if ctb is drunk or just a tweaker. Either way, yeah they can ask the price because they feel they can get it. We aren't stupid. We just want to poke fun at it. Go back to your hole now.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 12:25 PM   #28
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post
Can't telli if ctb is drunk or just a tweaker. Either way, yeah they can ask the price because they feel they can get it. We aren't stupid. We just want to poke fun at it. Go back to your hole now.
How Simple, Simple....you KNOW nothing about me, yet you call me a drunk or tweeker? YOU took the "stupid talk" a little too personal? I SHOULD have sd "economics" or that "inflation" has nothing to do with luxury items....sorry if it offended you Simple! Just have to laugh at folks getting angry that their rigs are multiplying in value faster than ANYBODY could have ever predicted! ...and stick that in your "hole" Simple...my, my you digressed fast....

Ps I don't recall calling the Forum members "stupid" just pointing out the Government comment/inflATION was crazy that's all
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 01:09 PM   #29

Sorry I got baited by an economics expert who can't even form a standard sentence. My mistake. Maybe he has medical condition. I shouldn't assume too much.

Anyway inflation is affecting everything including "luxury" goods like RVs. If you don't want to agree to that fine but don't laugh it off like it is a clear cut and dry case. Nothing textbook is happening in the economy right now. If you don't see that then you are just living in denial or in an alternate fact universe. That seems to be where lots of people like to live these days.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 01:22 PM   #30

Ignoring what's happening above, that seems like 'we don't really want to build these, but if we do, we need to make it worth our while' pricing. But the backlog says otherwise.

I still just can't get over the fact that they had the chance to redesign an entirely custom body and just...recreated an EB with a slightly larger interior, presumably to just re-use their existing interior designs. Seems like a huge missed opportunity.

'05 Pleasure Way Excel TS V10, still boring and 2wd
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote