Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #1

Norcold DE0041 AC/DC Fridge

Ok, not sure this is worth posting or not. I have the bigger Norcold refrigerator/freezer DE-0041 (I guess its 3.6 Cubic Feet). A new one cost around $1k. This one needs a new cooling unit ($585 shipped to Oregon is the best price I found). I'm going a different route. So, to make it worth it to someone, $100 pickup in Oregon only. Not worth the time/hassle to ship (sorry). The racks for the fridge are missing, but you can buy them if needed. This fridge worked great until it lost its coolant on our Baja trip. The new cooling unit is a sealed unit. Basically its plug and play and you'll be good to go...for a while. Personally, I think Norcold sucks and that's why I'm going with something different for a lot more clams than just buying the replacement cooling unit. Yea, my sales pitch needs work. However, in non-operating form, these make great dressers for your socks and poopoo undies. Thanks. Here's a factory pic:

Old 04-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #2

Re: Norcold DE0041 AC/DC Fridge

New price: FREE! Just one thing, you've got to remove it without damaging my cabinets. Yup, no free rides here. Chop chop as I'm taking my Sawzall after the fridge in a couple of days. Columbia River Gorge area.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #3

OMG you totally have to take pictures as you take it down, I've always wanted to know what is inside, inside the fridge, you know like between the outer and inner walls.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #4

My guess is its filled with the. stolen souls of one thousand orphan children, for only Satan himself would build a fridge that dies every two years. That or expanded foam.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:34 PM   #5

My money is on nothing. Or the kiddy souls thing.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #6

Thanks to Jage's Dynamatting thread of old, I may not have to chop this sukka in half. With that, I will likely have lots of Norcold parts for those out there needing them. Including, a white door panel, door handles, power supply, etc. Not interested in shipping the box. Anyway, any or all and its free to a good Sportsmobile home otherwise I might get all Office Space on it.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by deminimis
Thanks to Jage's Dynamatting thread of old, I may not have to chop this sukka in half. With that, I will likely have lots of Norcold parts for those out there needing them. Including, a white door panel, door handles, power supply, etc. Not interested in shipping the box. Anyway, any or all and its free to a good Sportsmobile home otherwise I might get all Office Space on it.
"Are you having a case of the Mondays?"

Herb
Old 04-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #8

I decided Pulp Fiction was more appropriate for this hillbilly. Fridge now on the funerary pire.