Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2008, 06:23 PM   #1

OT- Guitar players HELP!- Fender Guitar & Amp

This is very off topic for the SMB forum but since I spend all of my time here, I figured I'd start with a crowd I trust.

I inherited a '65 Fender Princeton-Amp and a red '65 Fender Duo-Sonic II electric guitar several years ago. I have never gotten around to learning to play and I have decided to put these items up for sale. Unfortunately for me, I have absolutely no clue what they're worth.

Anyone have a ballpark guess? Both have been in storage for the last 30 years and are in great shape.

Thanks

Adam

Old 04-14-2008, 08:12 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to lowracer
Search through the completed items on eBay. You'll get a pretty good idea of the worth.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
Site Team

Garage
I have a buddy that is into music...even he will say never trust a musician! He made the comment that it might be worth some major bucks. ukuleledave@aol.com

He might be able to help you. Good luck

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:09 PM   #4

Exactly

Thanks! I just don't want to get taken on something I know nothing about.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #5

Look into getting it insured, you might get more straight answers than from people who might be potential buyers.

The completed items Lowracer mentioned: on eBay after you search a bunch of options come up like distance and country, one of them is a checkbox with "show completed auctions only" or something along those lines. You can see what people listed for when their reserve or buy it now wasn't met in red, and what people actually paid in green. It's very informative.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:59 PM   #6

Hey Adam,
I don't know if you put two and two together but if you look at my username and where your rims were shipped from it might give you a clue. I have been a pawnbroker for over eighteen years and selling vintage guitars long before Ebay was around. My ebay username is the same -- "outopawn". I am more than willing educate a fellow SMB member on the value. The value depends on many factors. Do you know if the guitar has been refinished - it is much better to have a ugly dinged up original finish than it is to have a beautiful refinished one. Back in 65 some one could have routed the body to put on and after market tremelos, ect ect. All this could devalue the guitar.

Check the amp to see if the speaker has been changed or the case has been retoxed. Again the more original components the better. Prettier is not always better in this case.
If you want to send detailed pics I could give you a better idea of the value. I am not in the shop opn a daily basis but have a couple of vintage experts that buy and sell for me. I usally can move this stuff pretty fast especially to dealers here in Los Angeles. It does take a little longer to find a player that is willing to pay top dollar but if you are not in a hurry you will get the most money. Ebay usally gets you close to what it is really worth but you will get a barrage of questions on the authenticity and they want guarantees. There are many yahoos out there piecing together guitars and trying to pass them as originals.

Steve
outopawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:08 PM   #7

Hey Steve! Wheels are still waiting to go on! Love the black teflon!

I did see your handle but didn't draw the connection that you would also be educated in this as well! Any help you could provide would be appreciated!

I'll send you an email with some detailed pics if you could have your vintage guy take a look. I'm in no hurry so I'd like to get the most $ for the items. Maybe offset the cost of the new wheels and tires!!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #8

Adam

Along with the pics send the serial number just to make sure you have the right year. And also on the amp should be a tube chart -- take a picture of that as well as the serial of the amp -- From what it looks like they seem to be all original.

Steve
outopawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #9

Send a message via ICQ to stiggs Send a message via AIM to stiggs
Adam your Duo Sonic will prob go for 800-1000 the amp if unmolested 1500 or so. I have a friend who owns a used / vintage music store in Burbank, he might be able to help you, but would not buy from you at top dollar.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:49 PM   #10

Hi,I can tell you all about your guitar and amp.It's what I do ,for the past 30 years I've dealt with vintage guitars.Go to our website @ www.onemusicsquare.com and call me preferably.(I'm digitally challenged).But I will Check the e-mail
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote