Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeta
Overlanding...dude

Caught this the other day:
http://www.powerblocktv.com/player/show ... =XT2012-04

Some fun stuff. PLUS the Trasharoo makes an appearance!

There are two earlier shows on the same Jeep which are available to watch.

Z

https://www.tomsinclair.net
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #2

Re: Overlanding...dude

I hope the mainstreamers stick to expo, frankly.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
Site Team

Garage

I wonder about the fridge. Are those really that tough? My trailer bounces like that so I'd be a bit worried. No bottles for sure but even if the bouncing didn't destroy the unit itself, it would not survive the bears.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #4

He was insistent the cooler belongs outside, but I think a bear would tear right through it, not to mention your fellow animals who might help themselves to your steak and beer. Speaking of animals, I think there are a number of animals who would go right through the trasharoo to get to your trash.

Speaking of trasharoo, I noticed it was never actually mounted, there wasn't a good place for it, and disappeared after he talked about it. Speaking of disappearing, the mountain bike (which was barely attached and flopping around pretty bad) disappeared when he went "offroad".

Speaking of flopping around, that trailer spare was annoying and like the bike, secured by only one strap. I also didn't understand why they didn't do the matching trailer tires and spare.

Speaking of annoying he kept mentioning Rusty's which is bottom of the barrel junk. The only reason the guy is still in business is there are always new crops of jeepers to rip off. Those D rings looked like they'd pop off the moment anything more than the winch hook was put on them. If they are built like anything else he makes, they will. It's disgusting to see crap vendors highlighted on TV.

On another note it was hilarious to watch him shiver in the morning air while cooking his bacon.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #5

Overlanding...dude

Jage, i'm glad your impressions were as mine were. Pretty hokey I thought, though I do want to check out the place they went in Sparta, Tn. sometime. That's not too far from me. There is a problem with places like that over here though. They are so few and far between that they are just trail ridden to death. Nothing but mudholes, 4 wheelers, and those mule offroad things that everyone is in to these days. Not knocking anyone's method of "offroading", but there's a problem if your "offroad" places are busier than city streets.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:58 AM   #6

Overlanding...dude

He looks like the bad guy in the cartoon movie incredibles. The only thing I liked was in fact the trasharoo. I will probably be getting one soon for the summer. My wife and I don't like trash and pick up other peoples trash wherever we go. We call it M.O.O.P. matter out of place. Old burningman term. The comment about bears did make me worry a bit but eh. It's worth a shot. Aussies make better trailers but they are still tents. I just want a light off road cargo trailer to tote my camping gear around when we go out to the lakes or beach.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoVolcomSMB
The comment about bears did make me worry a bit but eh.
I don't use it in bear country, but there are nearly always good bear-proof containers. For other critters, on the SMB spare it's high enough to be safe.