Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #1

Sleeping Infant in the SMB...

So, not too sure where else to post this. But, I wanted to share with this group since you all (Jage and billwilson especially). Most of all to show there is hope!

We had some time off last week, so we traveled from San Diego (Cardiff) up to Santa Barbara, then Arroyo Grande, Morro Bay and back home.

We spent the first two nights in a hotel in Santa Barbara to appease the wifey, and because I had planned on competing in a race. The last three nights were all spent camping in the SMB.
We camped at a friends property/house in Arroyo Grande, Morro Bay SP, and Refugio SB.

And I'm excited to say that our baby boy, just over over six months at the time, slept fantastic! He actually slept better in the SMB than he had done at home and the hotel. Normally we put him down around 7-8 pm, he'll stir once or twice, usually has a 3 am feeding, and then wakes up at 5:30-6am. He went down usually closer to 8 pm and had his 3am feeding, but would sleep in until after 7 am!!!

There's magic in them Sportsmobiles!!!
This made it now five nights he has slept in the SMB this year!

Old 05-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #2

Re: Sleeping Infant in the SMB...

Thats great!

We took my daughter camping for the 1st time at 5 weeks. It was the 1st night that she slept through the night and she has every night since!
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #3

Garage

I sleep better in the SMB, too. And soon, we'll both be in diapers!

What race did you do in SB? I live there.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #4

What sleeping arrangement did you use? We're headed out next weekend for our inaugural trip as a family of four. My 3 year old historically has slept behind the bench seat in a '50' setup and loves it back there. My wife is thinking about setting up a pack & play portable crib downstairs for the 6 month old, but I cringe at the clutter this is going to create. I might just try to fold the bench down into bed-mode and put some sort of divider between the kids. That's this evening's mock-up project!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #5

@ Jeffrey... I had planned on the Santa Barbara Downwinder, Goleta Point to Ledbetter. However there wasn't good enough wind. I paddled out of the harbor the next morning and got some good runs.
Prone Paddleboard that is...
We seem to end up there pretty frequently. Refugio, Figueroa Mtn... We should meet up next time we are up in your neck of the woods.

@ Rockbender... I think my layout is the 41? I have the gaucho behind the drivers seat. We turned that into the bed. The dog slept on the floor, poor dog. Our six month old slept in a travel bassinet up against the wall on the bed.
Have fun with all the extra stuff. From the bob stroller, to diapers, clothes, toys, it's definitely affected my packing abilities.