Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2016, 07:04 AM   #641

Black E350 with (empty back cage and roof racks) headed east on I-70 from Columbus to Wheeling... Black wheels and maybe 33" tires? Wednesday, day before Thanksgiving- Hellbetty's twin!

Old 11-27-2016, 07:38 PM   #642

Spent Thanksgiving in the valley at Yosemite. Saw two Ford SMB's, a tan one from Washington and a white one from CA. YSMTFAM, we must have had the same idea. Parked across from you at the used-to-be-called The Ahwahnee Hotel (now called the Majestic Yosemite Hotel) where we had Thanksgiving dinner, then saw you again at Camp Curry where we spent the night. Tried to catch up with you to talk, but no luck.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:03 PM   #643

Yep, that was me. Not easy to hide.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:33 PM   #644

Garage
Silver Sprinter 4x4 in ABQ

We saw a silver Sprinter 144" poptop 4x4 at Carlisle and Indian School Road in Albuquerque this AM. You're local, given the blue NM plates. Looked like you were getting on 1-40 eastbound. Drop me a PM if you're on the forum.
Matt
velo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 03:24 PM   #645

Garage
86Scotty finally relented and decided to let me have my van. The Silver Streak is currently piggybacking a ride from Tennessee to Western Washington, sharing a flatbed with a VW Bug and a military trailer. Give me a shout if you see her in route.

I am happily awaiting her arrival.
Attached Thumbnails
27537.jpg   27547.jpg  
Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:19 PM   #646

Garage
Last week we were in Mammoth for three days. Camping at the Mammoth RV Park. The Cross Country skiing was fantastic. Long sleeve tee shirt weather, but not one SMB to bee seen. What up folks? Well, it seems we were there just a bit early. On our way home, Friday, Dec 30, 2016, we headed home to beat the snowstorm. We were going south on 395, and spotted no less than 5 Sportsmobiles in just over 2 hours. All looked to be, Ford Econoline SMB's. All headed north on highway 395 or 14. The first one was gray around the Mammoth Airport around noon. I flashed the headlights and gave a thumbs up as the male driver looked across the highway, seeming to acknowledge the commonality. Then one more just north of Bishop, and three more between Big Pine and Mojave. These are just the ones that I noticed coming the other way. Who knows how many I missed when I was watching my side of the road. We had very light traffic heading south. Most of the action was northbound for the New Years Weekend. I hope you all had a fun and safe trip!

There have to be more SMB's in California than anywhere else.
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
skyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:35 PM   #647

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrat View Post
Last week we were in Mammoth for three days. Camping at the Mammoth RV Park. The Cross Country skiing was fantastic. Long sleeve tee shirt weather, but not one SMB to bee seen. What up folks? Well, it seems we were there just a bit early. On our way home, Friday, Dec 30, 2016, we headed home to beat the snowstorm. We were going south on 395, and spotted no less than 5 Sportsmobiles in just over 2 hours. All looked to be, Ford Econoline SMB's. All headed north on highway 395 or 14. The first one was gray around the Mammoth Airport around noon. I flashed the headlights and gave a thumbs up as the male driver looked across the highway, seeming to acknowledge the commonality. Then one more just north of Bishop, and three more between Big Pine and Mojave. These are just the ones that I noticed coming the other way. Who knows how many I missed when I was watching my side of the road. We had very light traffic heading south. Most of the action was northbound for the New Years Weekend. I hope you all had a fun and safe trip!

There have to be more SMB's in California than anywhere else.
Quoted for truth. The last time I drove through Bishop I saw more SMB's in the span of 5 minutes than I saw all year.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:31 PM   #648

SMB Sightings

We were in Yosemite last week & didn't see one SMB the whole trip. We saw a non-SMB sprinter in the park and that was it. Our van got a lot of attention while we were there. I haven't gotten it out much lately and forgot about that happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2017, 08:42 AM   #649

Milledgeville, GA Sighting

I saw this van at the Starbucks in Milledgeville, GA. Spoke briefly with the couple driving the van. They were from Atlanta and purchased the van from someone in Oregon.

Is this anyone on the forum?
Attached Thumbnails
van.jpg  
Old 01-09-2017, 08:59 AM   #650

Garage
That vans from Oregon? Could have fooled me....ha ha, I have never seen it up here in Hillsboro. Believe me, I would remember.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote