Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2022, 05:59 AM   #11
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcavalletti View Post
Ive given up completely on having a campfire too much trouble, stinky clothes after a few days, and ash and dirt, My buddy created the trailfiregrill. A propane firepit/ with a large carbon steel cooker. I am a user and love it. IF fires are allowed I justr bring a large bag of charcoal and dumpo it in and its even hotter, with no smoke. Im done with fir rings and hauling firewood. No affiliation, google trailfire grill.
Personally I find such recommendations to be very credible, tend to trust them more than other ads etc. Since there's no financial reward it just seems to be a fair assessment of a product or service.

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 10:17 AM   #12
Site Team

Garage
I've been in restricted fire designated areas where even propane is not allowed yet still see people with wood fires burning. Generally there is a fire level that doesn't allow open flame fires (including charcoal fires/BBQ's) but allows a propane fire. I was told by one ranger "if you can shut it off with the turn of a knob" basically I'm allowed to have it during that particular restriction. IMO sitting around a campfire is one of my favorite parts of camping but my propane fire pit is always on board.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 10:44 AM   #13

Agree completely, I do still love a good campfire, especially high up in the backcountry if fire risk is low and permitted. Or in desert backcountry where there is nothing to burn. Less and less fires at all allowed with this Southwestern drought.
Lcavalletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 11:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcavalletti View Post
Ive given up completely on having a campfire too much trouble, stinky clothes after a few days, and ash and dirt, My buddy created the trailfiregrill. A propane firepit/ with a large carbon steel cooker. I am a user and love it. IF fires are allowed I justr bring a large bag of charcoal and dumpo it in and its even hotter, with no smoke. Im done with fir rings and hauling firewood. No affiliation, google trailfire grill.
Anyone in the Boulder, CO want to split a two-pack? $275 each! Quite a deal. Venmo or PayPal would work for me. This is going to be a bad fire season, and I'm tired of cooking in my van. This seems ideal to me.
maxswasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 11:25 AM   #15

I am loving mine. I can cook breakfast for 10 people on the large pan, or herb butter steaks at night. I havent used the wok feature yet but it supposedly works well for that, you can also buy a pizza stone and turn the propane down low and create an oven, ive made everything from pizzas to cookies in it.

Here it is packed up and ready to go last weekends desert trip. Ive dedicated that storage area for it. I have also considered buying or building a box and mounting it on my firewood hauler.
Lcavalletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 12:24 PM   #16
Orv

Garage
I've used the Radiate portable campfire tins in places where I didn't want the mess of a wood fire. They're on the expensive side but they pack compactly, burn nicely, and don't throw embers or leave coals. I can usually get at least two fires out of one tin by snuffing it with the lid when I'm done for the evening.