Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2018, 08:52 AM   #121

Wish my name was Glen.

GBreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:37 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
G ets
Lucky
Every
Night

There you go. Fixed it for you. Now it's exciting.

That is too funny...…….. I think I'll keep it now

Wait. Why is my wife laughing so hard?
Old 05-27-2018, 02:42 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto fireman View Post
Mine is pretty straight forward, but I’ll need to modify it after June 8th to
Retired Ghetto Fireman. Pulling the plug after 33 years.
Congrats.... I retired last year after 31.5 years of public service myself and haven't looked back since. I just thought I'd have more free time being retired
Old 05-27-2018, 04:28 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
I'll start by explaining one of the most boring handles on this forum.
I was actually thinking quite the opposite. If I was to be introduced to a group and heard names like, Detroit, Torch, Overkill, and Glen. Glen is the one I'd think was the most bad ass of them all. "Ya, keep an eye on Glen, there's a reason he got to keep his name".

- Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:27 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post
I was actually thinking quite the opposite. If I was to be introduced to a group and heard names like, Detroit, Torch, Overkill, and Glen. Glen is the one I'd think was the most bad ass of them all. "Ya, keep an eye on Glen, there's a reason he got to keep his name".

- Eric
Old 05-30-2018, 02:43 PM   #126
Dia

Oh, geez - nerd alert.

Diotima of Mantinea was a female priestess and philospher who appears in Plato's Symposium. When Plato speaks of love, he is repeating Diotima's teachings. The idea is that all love, from the most banal (say, love of ice cream) to the sublime (so, brotherly love, a mother's love, passionate love, love of humanity, God-like love, etc.) is an example of humans striving toward or reaching for the Divine.

We start by loving something as simple as ice cream, and as we grow and mature, our idea of what love is, what it means, etc. expands and grows. Through this growth, we learn to perceive and understand the Divine presence in the Universe (God, The One, however you wish to conceive of it) in bigger and bigger bites until we have a fully developed awareness of it. Her teachings say that we all emanated from The One, and that eventually, we will all return to The One.

In short, I admire her. Her name's a mouthful, though, so I go by Dia.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:35 PM   #127

I've wrenched on cars my entire life. At 13 my dad had me swap transaxles in his '63 Renault R8 while he was off at work. Checking my progress in the evenings. From there I moved on to swap engines, build engines, transmissions, suspension work, etc, etc. Always had at least one project car for the past 40 years. I take a lot of joy from building my own stuff.

After the internet was invented, I discovered there were forums devoted to the project vehicles I loved. I became an avid follower of sites for whatever vehicle I currently had. From hot rods to VW's, to now Ford Vans.

On a few of the forums, some of the professional mechanics wrote with disdain for the average shadetree mechanic, which prompted me to claim the name. My usual handle ShadetreeTim was already taken on this site.

For 36 years I've been an Electrician, for the past 29 years working primarily with electronics integration. I find wrenching on cars a nice diversion from reality.

2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 6.0
shadetreevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:08 PM   #128

Most excellent, especially the last two!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:44 AM   #129
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
My username here and about a million sites is nothing more than initials of my given name which is NEVER mentioned in polite or civilized company.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:51 PM   #130
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb View Post
Should be the "creator"...lol!!!

Sportsmobeebs....everything "beebs" originated from my daughters birth (now 30)...she was the original "Beebs" and all things we love have a "beebs" attached to it...My wife and I call each other Beebs, our other cars...Luxobeebs for the tank '01 Lexus LS430, BulldogBlueBeebs for my wife's new blue Pilot we bought, and the old MDX was BigBlackBeebs after Big Black on 'Rob n Big' (RIP) cause we loved him and that show...as we took on "DO WORK SON!!"mantra!

Thanks for the thread start...especially not the "Im starting a new build and want to know where I should put....." oh they know where to put it...anyway THX!
Now reading the thread back (can anyone else just stop on one page or did you have to read all 13 pages again?) I SEE that we were talking about forum name NOT van name...which may be a needed thread eh?!
Soooooo...
CTB is Chris the boy, and my wife's handle is KTG, yes Kris the girl...our friend's 4 year old son called us that to keep us straight, and it has stuck through the years and used by most of our friends to keep/tell us apart in conversation or getting our attention...now for those van names.......
ps the 'quote' was for the daveB man...
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote