Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2017, 05:03 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
hmm, I'm on a lot of forums... and the water softener forum I post as stormlover...
A water softener forum...? Who'd a thunk there is one.

Wade, Wade-o. Started from my first AOL email, easy and available at the time.

wadewaydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:07 PM   #82

With a last name of Fitzpatrick, how could I be anything but Fitz? Growing up, I didn't answer to Tim.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:36 PM   #83

Grumpy Badger... ummm... well... I am from Wisconsin and graduated twice from the U. of. And I have a bit of an attitude.

Most that know me say it fits.
2014 Ford RB
SMB 4x4
GrumpyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:43 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBadger View Post
Grumpy Badger... ummm... well... I am from Wisconsin and graduated twice from the U. of. And I have a bit of an attitude.

Most that know me say it fits.
LOL, it fits, trust me! Grumpy shares my view of his fellow man.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:00 PM   #85

eddyturn. Making a turn either in a kayak or raft into an eddy to slow one's progress downstream. Fun if done correctly. Not so much fun the other way.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:02 AM   #86

Garage
I live in a houseboat on a river. Otters are the owners of everything here. One night, I woke up at 0300 after it was snowing all night. I couldn't figure out what the sound was. Peeked out the window and saw a family of about six otters climbing up onto my overturned kayak in turn to jump off and slide across the deck like it was an amusement park. They went on like that for thirty minutes. Then, like on a signal, they all slid over to my swim ladder and climbed back down to the water.

Why didn't they just slide off the deck into the river? I mean, they're otters, right? It blew my mind that they literally used their little flippers to gently climb down that ladder one by one...

I love these guys. Even tho one tried to drown me by jumping up onto my kayak while I was taking pictures one day. Scared the crap out of me!

So, I pay homage to the owners of the river by taking their name...
Old 05-05-2017, 07:29 AM   #87

I spent years traipsing all over the Mojave Desert and frequented the Death, Panamint and Saline Valley's consistently. Aside from last year I've made the annual trek to Saline Valley 23 years in a row.
Now I spend almost all my time in SE Utah, Colorado and Idaho. Maybe time for a name change?
saline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:04 AM   #88

I own an aviation company which operates both helicopters and airplanes and I fly both. Bellpilot comes from the first turbine helicopter we owed Bell 206BIII JetRanger. So I used this handle to easily remember when I logged into sites. I now rarely fly because I am doing mostly office work which is the opposite of why I wanted to own an aviation company. As saline said, " it may be time for a name change."
Old 05-05-2017, 08:53 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellpilot View Post
I own an aviation company which operates both helicopters and airplanes and I fly both. 206Bellpilot comes from the first turbine helicopter we owed Bell 206BIII JetRanger. So I used this handle to easily remember when I logged into sites. I now rarely fly because I am doing mostly office work which is the opposite of why I wanted to own an aviation company. As saline said, " it may be time for a name change."
Nice, some pilot friends of mine just bought 30 acres 5 minutes from the airport up there.. He's got his old VW weekender parked there for his 'airport car', his Sprinter camper still at home base in CA. Say hi if you see them!
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:01 AM   #90

Garage
Let's just leave it at Dick..
dick is offline   Reply With Quote