Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #11

Re: The dodge sportsmobile...

What's this?

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-138648 ... -rd51.html

Old 05-05-2011, 01:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
I called Eaton on this and they said the ARB will only work on the AAM axle and not the Chrysler. They admitted the add was a bit misleading . I called ARB as well and they said the same thing. They were suprised that my dodge had the Chrysler 9.25 axle as they said that would be for a 1/2 ton and one would think a dodge extended B3500 van would have a bigger axle. I think I got my van axle specs by running the vin number with dodge, but now I guess I should crawl under the van and take a look at the axle numbers. The ARB tech was trying to explain to me where to look for the numbers on the axle, but I am a complete newbie and wasn't really understanding what he was saying. Anyone know where I am supposed to find these numbers?

The other thread that is running right now about the rear lockers has been very helpful, but I am still confused about selectable vs automatic and which is safest with our vans. If I get an automatic like a TrueTrac or PowerTrax No Slip I won't have to do an axle swap if I do in fact have the chrysler 9.25 axle. many thanks, Louie
Always looking...4x4 Van 19ft or shorter. Sleeps 4 - two together, two separately; 4 forward facing seats with shoulder seatbelts, interior shower, water heater, 110 power, sink, aux. heat, aux air conditioner, aux. battery, generator - all at a price a school teacher could afford...help me Obi-Wan Kenobi you're my only hope.
louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #13

Count the bolts in your differential cover. Chrysler has 12, AAM has 14.

That's a drag if they won't do the Chrysler 9.25. I never realized there was a difference.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #14
Site Team

Garage

One of the members here pulled his rear ARB air locker because it almost ran him off a cliff. I know how that feels driving a 3 axle vehicle but because I only have a locker in the front on my van I've never had that happen. Yes the front locked up kills the steering but when I use it it's generally a straight shot and I know turning is going to be a problem. I have an LSD in the back and so far I haven't had a problem on handling. I don't know how an "auto type locker" in the rear will perform but look forward to hearing from those who have used them on trails.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
Count the bolts in your differential cover. Chrysler has 12, AAM has 14.

That's a drag if they won't do the Chrysler 9.25. I never realized there was a difference.
Counted and looked at some pics online of what the Chrysler 9.25 looks like and what I have on my van is 12 bolts and clearly looks like the Chrysler axle. Not gonna mess with an axle swap so I am basically trying to figure out if I'm going to go with a TrueTrac or PowerMax no slip.
Always looking...4x4 Van 19ft or shorter. Sleeps 4 - two together, two separately; 4 forward facing seats with shoulder seatbelts, interior shower, water heater, 110 power, sink, aux. heat, aux air conditioner, aux. battery, generator - all at a price a school teacher could afford...help me Obi-Wan Kenobi you're my only hope.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #16

New topic: Need a cover for my van to protect it from our 110 degree summer heat in the desert Any suggestions on where to find a cover that will fit over the penthouse top and a 9.5 inch duo therm low profile AC unit?

L