Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2020, 07:59 AM   #21

Unbelievable. The section where he told you to "get the f' out" and stop micromanaging him and the end where he completely loses his grip on reality and says no one knows the true weight of basically anything (right before he kicked you out), REALLY??????

For his own sake I hope he's done with vans and business in general.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 02:45 PM   #22

Really sorry to hear about your situation, thank you for sharing your experience.

Hope you get to complete the vision of your van so you can get out and enjoy it while putting all this behind you.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:21 PM   #23

Garage
Rob (@OverlandGearGuy)...you might wanna check out Facebook and screen shot the review page for your records.
It seems that Sprinter Engineering likes to slander others??
https://www.facebook.com/pg/sprinter...=page_internal
Old 04-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #24

Hi Rob, very sorry for your hardship. One thing to consider in the contract, I am not a attorney. Just a custom home builder, in the contract it appeared you signed a cost plus contract, with a cap. Is there any provision stating if it goes over the cap you would not be held responsible or liable for additional overages to complete the project?
This would be a good question to ask first visit with a attorney.
It could leave a open door being a cost plus contract?
Best regards, Joe Futrmbl
Best regards, Joe Futrmbl
Futrmbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:23 PM   #25
Site Team

Re: the Facebook posts, personally I only see a downside to people who don't have a personal stake in the dispute, posting comments. Well intentioned yes, but if it looks like it was an orchestrated maneuver by Rob (which I'm not claiming), it could backfire.

On a side note, I have to wonder if the maker of Sprinters (Mercedes) would feel about a company called Sprinter Engineering? It could be perceived as a factory authorized company, which I'm pretty confident it is not. Just saying....

Herb
Old 04-08-2020, 11:49 PM   #26

Thank you

I appreciate your comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by unreng View Post
Rob (@OverlandGearGuy)...you might wanna check out Facebook and screen shot the review page for your records.
It seems that Sprinter Engineering likes to slander others??
https://www.facebook.com/pg/sprinter...=page_internal

Utah
OverlandGearGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:52 PM   #27

I had no knowledge out those posts til after they were made

No hand it that at all.

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Re: the Facebook posts, personally I only see a downside to people who don't have a personal stake in the dispute, posting comments. Well intentioned yes, but if it looks like it was an orchestrated maneuver by Rob (which I'm not claiming), it could backfire.

On a side note, I have to wonder if the maker of Sprinters (Mercedes) would feel about a company called Sprinter Engineering? It could be perceived as a factory authorized company, which I'm pretty confident it is not. Just saying....

Herb

Utah
OverlandGearGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:41 AM   #28

Wow, as an Old timer with one of the very first 4x4 Econolines out I can tell you this is why I never ever went with shops like this guy.Sprinter Engineering . He is a Pile of Garbage and I hope Sprinter Engineering goes down. With that kind of Customer Response I woudl not ever trust there work with anyone in the van I care about.

Yes use Social media to let all Vaners know Sprinter Engineering in Utah is not to be trusted. And File a compliant with the Local BBB and your States Attorney

WE cannot allow Bad Business to Exist in this Market.. and this pisses me off.. Way back in the day I had to jump many many hoops to get a 4x4 van that was not made. Now we have shitty knock of shops like Sprinter Engineering taking money and making garbage...
Vanzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 01:08 PM   #29

VERY much smells like a drug user. You know, drugs suppress and then ramp up the mind machine where we then become dysfunctional, self centered and warp loose touch with reality until hitting bottom gives them the chance to stop using.
Well don’t give any more money to a drug addict and don’t have any hesitation of going easy on him, throw the book of the law at him and anything else you can reasonably do to warn and shield others from his fraud.
Stand strong and reach our to others as needed for advice and when all done, you can stand tall and not look back in any regret.
Take care
jimtmcdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:58 PM   #30

Considering all the excuses and lies from Alan Tone, I wouldn't want him building my van anyway. Imagine what it would have been like had he dong a 2-week rush job just to get it done. Fine quality all the way through? I hope he's finished as a van builder.
dat2ra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
van build, van conversion