Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2016, 11:44 PM   #71

I have met Ramsey at several SMB events but last one was King of the Hammers where he showed up in a 4x4 RV.we all had a great time there
Rest in peace Ramsey

rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:36 AM   #72

Extremely sad news. I never met nor talked with Ramsey, yet through the magic of this forum, I know who he is. I learned through countless hours reading forum posts of a certain member, BajaSportsmobile, who gave extremely educated advice and suggestions. I learned of an inventor who had a kit that could turn my Quigley into an even more capable vehicle. Eventually I learned to associate the name Ramsey with the username BajaSportsmobile. It's amazing to think that his words and advice through this forum alone make me pause to grieve a man I've never met. Ramsey, you will be missed.
neatvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:38 AM   #73

Rest in peace Ramsey, the forum will be less knowledgeable without you.
Stillvanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:26 AM   #74

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLACKER View Post
...As I understand it he was watching the sunrise with his wife on the beach when he had a sudden coronary...
reading that jerked some tears out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
...We should put together a trip to his favorite beachfront campsite in the Baja dunes where we could plant some sort of lasting memory of all the good times we shared there.
it would be neat to do it yearly.

when a good friend of a local forum passed away the forum members started a yearly bbq at a local park and always invited his family to attend. they expressed how much it meant to them that his memory lived on and they really enjoyed seeing everyone getting together and sharing memories/stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatvan View Post
It's amazing to think that his words and advice through this forum alone make me pause to grieve a man I've never met. Ramsey, you will be missed.
^^^ x2

thanks to those sharing pix. its nice to put a face to the voice.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:56 AM   #75

Like many others here, I didn't know him personally nor had ever talked to him, but greatly appreciated his contributions to our little community.

RIP Ramsey!!

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:46 PM   #76

Garage
I too never met Ramsey, but he was a constant on this forum and his knowledge and willingness to help will be missed.

It would have been a pleasure to meet him and get to know him.

My condolences to his family.

Mike
Old 08-30-2016, 02:03 PM   #77

I never met him personally but he did answer his phone while he was in Atlanta airport waiting on a flight out. We talked about near everything but vans. He will be missed.
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:43 PM   #78

Garage
How sad, I work in Cardiology and its hard to see how often these things can happen. I just talked to Ramsey last week for the first time and he was such a great guy, very giving of his time and he just enjoyed talking with no expectations or feeling rushed talking to a complete stranger. RIP
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:35 PM   #79

We've never meet but he will be truly missed on this forum. His knowledge and enthusiasm were certainly apparent.
Our hearts are out to his wife and family in this devastating time.

R.I.P. Ramsey

Paul and Tina
Old 08-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #80

Garage
It's amazing (and kind of wonderful), the far-reaching (and lasting!) presence and influence that some people can have over a lifetime.

If there was a man, a name, a persona that a lot of people have come to view as synonymous with the real (and most beloved) elements of the Sportsmobile/adventuring off-road spirit, it sure seems to have been Ramsey.

As another more recent forum member myself here (just 2 years in the SMB clan now), I'm again someone who never met Ramsey...but who (through the magic of Ramsey's ever-present posts, humor, and dare I say it...."superknowledge"?) came to understand him as one of the real titans of the off-road truck and van adventure world. Absolutely feel his loss as if it was that of an in-person (and highly regarded) acquaintance. I spoke on the phone with John at Agile a couple times, and once heard Ramsey in the background chat briefly to him....and it was clear that the exchange carried some wonderful and salty humor. The greatest minds (and hearts) have the greatest sense of humor! My seriously heartfelt condolences to his family and all of you who knew him.

RIP Ramsey --- !!!
And thanks for all you've done for the world of those who are driven to take their adventures "a bit beyond" the usual destinations. You've inspired so many....and unquestionably you've made the "trails less taken" seem a bit easier (and more fun!) to forge in your wake.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote