Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2016, 10:58 PM   #81

I too had the pleasure of his presence during this summer SD outing. He was such and engaging and friendly follow.

My thought are with his family, I hope they know how much he was respected and appreciated in the SMB community.

RIP

Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:29 AM   #82

Ramsey and I have had several private messages and he had always been a fair, well informed professional that we at Quigley have appreciated. He was able to do things we could not and will miss his balanced approach to tense situations. God bless and R.I.P.
Larry Yates
Larry Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:41 AM   #83

OK, it's Wednesday and I guess I just can't force myself to call and bother John (at Agile), who has no doubt been talking to people about this a lot more than he's been able to get any work done for the last few days.
I guess I'd just like some closure, but I'm far away from there. If anyone has any news about arrangements, etc. please get the word out. I certainly respect the family's privacy and would not want to intrude. I'm sure they know, or at least I hope they know, how big an impact he had here on the forums and in his hobby and business dealings with all of us.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:10 AM   #84

A service or something is being planned, probably a week or two out. I'm going to try and be there.

And I still think we plan to do a Baja trip sometime in a few months.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:14 AM   #85

Shitty...such a nice guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sierraskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 01:36 PM   #86

To Ramsey: Sharing this from Giulana Fea: (see below for a bit about Giuliana, English is a second or thrid or ? language)

Hi Ray and Jennifer, very sorry for Ramsey, he was really a nice man, ready to help people!

I think to be at San Francisco 5th or 6th September to meet you. I will contact you when I will be nearer.

You can see where I am at: https://share.delorme.com/GiulianaFea

By by
Giuliana

Inviato da iPhone

For all of us who "think" we are adventurers, you will be greatly humbled by this 70+ year old Italian woman (Click on her Link above to see where she has been on THIS trip, make sure to "zoom out"). Jennifer and I met her last year in Monument Valley, Utah. She was having some issues with her Toyota Overlanding rig and when she mentioned she was headed to San Diego and Baja, I gave her Ramsey's contact info to seek some help as well as putting two very wonderful, wise old souls together.

Ramsey and Giuliana did get in contact and during one of the trips I made to Agile earlier this year, Ramsey and I had a really nice discussion about Giuliana. He helped her, and she very much appreciated it. He had helped a near total stranger.

So, Ramsey touched her, too, and left a lasting impression of his humbleness and willingness to help others. This is from a woman who has covered CONTINENTS in her travels and has met and interfaced with thousands of people. Ramsey stood out .

Ramsey, Thank you for your example and lead. Peace.

Old 08-31-2016, 01:48 PM   #87

Garage
Such a sad news. Ramsey had so many projects, he was always ready to friendly help everyone. I spent some time with him in Baja, then at his place in San Diego where I met Jan. We both drove race cars in the past, so we had many to discuss together.
I cannot believe I wont see him again... RIP my friend.
My thoughts to Jan, I'm with you in thinking.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:07 PM   #88
Dia

Awww, crap! RIP, Ramsey. My condolences to his frieds and family, as well as everyone who is mourning him, here.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:29 PM   #89

Echoing everyone else's outpourings, I had the pleasure of meeting Ramsey and speaking with him several times. As Slacker stated, I was lucky enough to shake his hand Friday and he seemed to be in wonderful health. Ramsey helped me tremendously, taught and guided me in my first purchase, and is largely the reason I'm in an SMB now. As short as I knew him I'm sure that he passed without regret or pain. He always seemed to be so easygoing and I'm sure that because he led such a giving life. Cheers to Ramsey!
Nomadic Neophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:52 PM   #90

Sad to hear this news.

Thank you Ramsey for the valuable moments I could share with you in Baja and San Diego as your help and advise.

My thoughts go to Jan and family
AndrewST is offline   Reply With Quote