Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #41

Re: What are the top 10 best things you've added to your SMB

Is there someone who spends too much?

"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #42

Spending TOO MUCH is a prerequisite for oning a Sportsmobile.

Paul
Old 07-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #43
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbonesclimber
Spending TOO MUCH is a prerequisite for oning a Sportsmobile.

Paul
Not for MacMcIntire, he's done spending money. If only everyone else had that same discipline.

Herb
Old 08-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #44

Best addition hands down was a Seagull water filter. Perfect tasting water in abundance, and no plastic bottles to deal with as waste. . .

Ed
edroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #45

Wireless amplifier and cell phone tethering -- allow us to work on the road
Solar electrical system
Swivel seats
In van shower
Composting toilet
ASU Cruise fridge
Taller slide out pantry
Loft bed
Flip out counter extension

Things we'd do differently:
Bigger freshwater tank, double sink

Things we need to add:
Gravity fill for fresh water, gray water tank heater
Advanturetrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:44 AM   #46

Composting Toilet

2006 EB 350 QuadVan V-10 (Working on Build out now)
2006 Quigley V-10 (Sold)
https://www.BrentHaywoodPhotography.com
https://www.facebook.com/haywoodphoto (Almost Daily Updates)
haywoodphotomaccom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #47

1. Big sway bars. It'll prevent you from rolling over.

2. Bigger tires and wheels. The rubber/ground interface is the most important part of making a vehicle stop and go.

3. More battery capacity. I need to loot a Prius...at least until they have 3-way powered phones, etc.

4. LEDs, just about everywhere. Lots of power saved.

5. Red LEDs. When you're camping, you want your nightvision. Yeah, the SMB looks like a whorehouse, but I can see the stars and the critters.

6. Driving lights. The stock heads just didn't cut it offroad, or at high speed on two laners like 50.

7. Scangauge. Much improvement over the stock gauges, and more info. But I may probably go further and add a wifi OBD to iPhone dongle.

8. GPS, via my iPhone or a dedicated unit. I don't use the maps, but it's great for tracking time/distance, and in navigating to a waypoint.

9. FM two-meter radios. Way better than CB. Get your license; it's easy.

10. Sirius radio. I like somebody else selecting my music, I guess because I grew up listening that way. I hardly ever access my own music anymore. I once enjoyed the different radio stations around the west, but now they're all the same. I don't even have an AM/FM anymore.

Rob
Old 09-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #48
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_gendreau
10. Sirius radio. I like somebody else selecting my music, I guess because I grew up listening that way. I hardly ever access my own music anymore. I once enjoyed the different radio stations around the west, but now they're all the same. I don't even have an AM/FM anymore.

Rob
Speaking of Sirius, if you like rock and roll done by the best, Jim Ladd is on Deep Tracks, M-F, late afternoon to evening. (I forget the actual hours.) I like the way he says, "This is Jim Ladd and you and I are listening to Deep Tracks . . . broadcasting from high in the hills" over Los Angeles. Sometimes, he emphasizes the word "high", whatever that means.

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionapo
Quote:

Rob
Speaking of Sirius, if you like rock and roll done by the best, Jim Ladd is on Deep Tracks, M-F, late afternoon to evening. (I forget the actual hours.) I like the way he says, "This is Jim Ladd and you and I are listening to Deep Tracks . . . broadcasting from high in the hills" over Los Angeles. Sometimes, he emphasizes the word "high", whatever that means.
Some of you may know this trick but for those that are tired of paying $180/year for satellite radio, just cancel your subscription. Tell them it's too much for listening to 5 or 6 channels (really how many can you listen to?). Dollars to donuts you'll get several calls trying to get you to resubscribe at the same rate. Just keep refusing and eventually they'll offer 6 months for $25 or some other special offer. Don't give them a credit card otherwise they set you up to auto-renew at the same rate. If you don't mind playing the game it's quite a savings.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH
Quote:
Originally Posted by rionapo
Quote:

Rob
Some of you may know this trick but for those that are tired of paying $180/year for satellite radio, just cancel your subscription. Tell them it's too much for listening to 5 or 6 channels (really how many can you listen to?). Dollars to donuts you'll get several calls trying to get you to resubscribe at the same rate. Just keep refusing and eventually they'll offer 6 months for $25 or some other special offer. Don't give them a credit card otherwise they set you up to auto-renew at the same rate. If you don't mind playing the game it's quite a savings.
I just did that with my cell phone, home Internet and Direct TV. It cut my bills by over 100 a month just by calling. Last month I did a tune up on all of our vehicle insurance. I just told my agent I was shopping and he tuned up my whole plan to save us quite a bit.
Stumpalump is offline   Reply With Quote