Originally Posted by jage
Ok, list from 1-10 or 10-1, number 1 being the absolute best thing you've added.
All listed items must be things YOU added or had added. Nothing from a previous owner, nothing from SMB at build time (although going back and having SMB add it is OK).
If you can't make it to 10, that's cool, just go as high as you can!
This is for fun, so keep the discussion to a minimum.
Oh, this is going to be fun
, how about less then 20 items?
In order of effectiveness and importance, here are my RestoMods for an old babied re-vamped 96 Quigley 4x4:
1. Hi-res Rearview License Plate Cam with Front 7inch Rearview LCD Mirror/Monitor - I can See! When I backup!
2. Summer Heat Control: Adhesive Heat Shields and Heat Wraps and Kevlar Tube wraps for strategic area's: Protect Key Electrical Wirings near manifolds, protection for transmission lines. 15-30% cooler.
3. Summer Heat Control: Tubulator DeRale Transmission Pan Cover and new Stainless Exhaust with Heat Shield. 15-30% cooler.
4. Rebuilt "BulletProof" Transmission - E40D with steel planetaries and new Transgo shift kit.
5. HellRoaring Dual Starter Battery Isolator / Combiner with Optima Blue Top Marine that auto load balance charge between two batteries (Second Dual Battery is a heavy duty Optima Group 31). Auto Battery Load balancing and backup.
6. Suspension Improvemnts: Taller and Beefier SuperSpring Heavy Duty Coil Springs for Front and Bilsteins all around; Deaver Leaf Springs. Better handling and road feel. Bump Stop Travel increased from 1" to 3 or more Inches for an old Quigley!
7. Custom Differential Covers - Front Cover is Hard bash proof Cast Iron and back cover is a well ventilated version.
8. House Power: TrippLite Powerverter and 8D AGM Marine Battery; Link10 Voltage/Amp Gauge and a low amp Microwave.
9. Entertainment: Custom Made Cabinets for HD Directv DVR(1 Terabyte) / PS3 / 64bit Notebook, 22 Inch LCD monitors with PIP; Ram mounted. Trucker Cell antenna with Cell Amp for Datacard (EVDO-Rev A)
10. Kyocera 130 Watt SolarPanels(2 of them) with MorningStar Charge controller making up to 14 amps to top off 8D House AGM Battery.
11. Installed new Transferflow 46 Gallon Gas Tank with improvised 97 Fuel Assembly with a new 96 Fuel pump. Additional usage of spare fuel port with additional electric pump and switch with custom Fuel Filler for fueling up the DirtBikes.
12. Scangauge and Gauge Pillar pod with Digital Gauges (RPM,Trans Temp, Engine Temp - I can read the temps!), RAM-Mounted Tablet PC up in front for GPS Navigation, Internet and Music
13. Comfy Foam Bed for Penthouse Bed and Fitted NoSeeEms Mosquito Net
14. Custom Bumper and Winch
15. ViaAir Air Tank and Air Compressor (Atomic)
16. Eagle Alloy Wheels and BFG Tires(I've had no issues)
17. Re-Do of House Floor Area with durable waterproof Allure Walnut Trafficmaster Panels
Those are the major ones. Maybe we can add pics from the past to this. Could be a nice This-Is-MY-Project Thread..
I think there should be another list for Things-that-work-and-has-kept-working Thread too: Like my ICE Cold Fridge -Dometic 4C 3way (Propane,Battery, and 110Vt); which has taken a beating with the 4x4ing and it still works and works..