Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #71

Garage
Re: What do you do for work/living?

I am a software developer for Dakim, Inc. We make the Dakim BrainFitness System, software designed to help seniors keep their minds sharp. My education is in commercial photography, though I never worked professionally. That will change in a few years when my wife and I retire and start traveling more. I have had a few gallery shows of my work that did well, but lately it takes too much time to work a 9-5 job and sell photography too. Soon....

Steve in L.A.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:50 PM   #72

I'm a mechanical engineer.....

Early in my career, I worked in the aerospace business designing engine controls for the F22 Raptor.

For the last 23 years, I've been designing medical devices such as blood cell separators, extracorporeal shock wave lithotriptors (they bust kidney stones), spinal fusion implants, various surgical devices, etc. etc.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #73

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

I was a Stockbroker with a major NY firm in the mid 80's and 90's and then a consultant to the Financial Planning industry for the last 18 years. When the foreclosure market was hot I was flipping homes in San Diego County and collecting a few rentals. Jan is a SQL expert and programmer.

We were trying to retire (younger than we should) and then this van thing got in the way.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #74

Back from the 10 day trip with the crew and glad to see this thread still going. Very interesting seeing what we all do. Enjoying the the read!!

2006 EB 350 QuadVan V-10 (Working on Build out now)
2006 Quigley V-10 (Sold)
https://www.BrentHaywoodPhotography.com
https://www.facebook.com/haywoodphoto (Almost Daily Updates)
haywoodphotomaccom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #75

I worked in the prescription benefit management industry for Medco (now Express Scripts) as a systems analyst for 20 years and "retired" in 2012. Now I'm an investor in a bike shop in Durango, and I also helped my girlfriend open an Ayurvedic health and wellness center (Suryawellbeing.com). I just recently started consulting for Express scripts again. Retired life got a little expensive...
2006 YZ 250f
2011 Modded KLX 110
2009 CRF 150r
MTBGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:07 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder
I'm a mechanical engineer.....

Early in my career, I worked in the aerospace business designing engine controls for the F22 Raptor.

For the last 23 years, I've been designing medical devices such as blood cell separators, extracorporeal shock wave lithotriptors (they bust kidney stones), spinal fusion implants, various surgical devices, etc. etc.
I've been Lithotriptorized! In the late 80's I had a few episodes one requiring the stone buster. I'm still drinking boo-ku liquid every day just to not ever go through that pain again. I'm sure a lot of people appreciate your work. You never think about the guy(s) behind the technology. THANKS!
2004 SMB 4x4 RB 6.0 PSD; ARP Head Studs, Gen 3 Cylinder Heads, BPD Oil Cooler connected to AMSOil Bypass, a whistling Wicked Wheel Turbo, Coolant Filter, Upgraded alternator, ScanGauge, SCT custom and SMB Fox shocks.
BFG 285/75 R16 KM3 Mud Terrains on ProComp 7069's
PatO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:55 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatO
I've been Lithotriptorized! THANKS!
You're welcome! The one in the upper left is called a jack stone....... ouch!

2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:25 AM   #78

Garage

^^^ mine all resembled misery (calcium based). i was told they would be about the size of a grain of sand (and feel like boulders), but the second one i pushed through was damn near a 1/4" wide. the remaining 5-6 (still have them in a container to remind me to drink more water) were all half that size, but none of them were what i considered "fun". hopeing these sweet little rocks are part of my past, but if they arent, i hope i get to use your machine next time round!
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #79

Geez, I hope a proctologist SMB owner doesn't chime in. Not sure if I can handle the pics.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:45 PM   #80

I own and operate a Prosthetic fabrication lab, sometimes called a central fabrication center. I make prosthetic limbs. All levels of amputation both upper and lower extremities. From the high performance running legs to the basic old school exoskeleton wooden legs. Been at it for almost 20 years now and Im looking to branch out to orthotic fabrication as well, but Im in need of experienced orthotic techs and I will need another prosthetic tech as well. Feel free to contact me through the forum if you know of anyone. Might be interested in hiring a CPO as well.
Also camp, explore, downhill ski, and do as much as possible with my family.