Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2020, 12:43 PM   #1

what price should I ask? 2006 Quigley 5.4 165k

Im parting with my beloved 06 home built quigley with the 5.4 and 165k miles. I have had it since it was 1500miles old, and although its very used, I have taken care of it like a baby bird. I built it out several times, and rebuilt the suspension a couple of times, but its time to let another enthusiast carry the torch. I just have no real idea what to ask and cant find too much similar (non-sportsmobile) to compare to. any high-ball ideas would be appreciated. This is my first van, and it will not be sold to just anyone. It has character, and shows the signs of being lived in all over the US.

check out photos here https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...01-albums.html

* E350, 5.4L, 165k
* scan guage, 17-19 mpg on the hwy
* solid maple and cherry ply rear cabinets (most fit milk crates for easy removal)
* multiple bed arrangements. currently installed a folding bench seat from E-250, but originally had a didff setup, shown in photo album, having a passenger wheelwell cover "box".
* 1000w xantrax inverter
* 200Ah (mixed) AGMs
* truckfridge refrigerator
* suspension upgraded by Colorado Camper Vans
* fender flares
* kn filter (of course)
* 285/75 with a several thousand miles.
* newer head unit, upgraded speakers and tweeters
* visor shelf
* passenger swivel seat
* 100w solar panel (wired through the top rear breaklight to easily remove)
* fantastic roof fan, with rain crowl
* lot of smaller extras will be thrown in, extra springs, gaskets, etc that I have accumulated over the years.

Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:45 PM   #2

No idea on price but I am planning on listing mine around 25K USD. I have an 04 Quigley, 5.4. It has a very minimal buildout but it has less than 40K miles and is very clean. You can check my profile for a build thread.

Homebrew vans are a tough sell unless they look like they aren't home brewed and people buying don't really understand the time it takes to build stuff out.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:21 AM   #3

thanks Cyrull, thats in the ballpark of what I was thinking (with mileage adjustments). One thing about homebuilds is you can usually tell when someone has taken care of the vehicle... and even though some things done during the build may have been less than perfect, you can often tell what compromises were made. I see hundreds of home builds a year and can tell who really likes their rig and whom just wants a place to cheaply sleep.
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:07 AM   #4

@cyrull $25k for your Quigley feels low, assuming it’s in good shape and with no significant rust. Those low miles raise the value a lot. A 4x4 conversion alone nowadays costs $15-25k.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
@cyrull $25k for your Quigley feels low, assuming it’s in good shape and with no significant rust. Those low miles raise the value a lot. A 4x4 conversion alone nowadays costs $15-25k.
Thanks Brian,

I'm out of touch with pricing so perhaps I need to do a re-evaluation. Yeah its very clean and I would say in above average condition, almost no rust other than a light patina on the underbody .