Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2015, 01:59 PM   #1

What's the Plan?

Its a serious question. And you guys and gals are very smart, and I don't know the answer.

It seems that we have no interest in paying down the National Debt which will be at least 21 Trillion Dollars (not including Social Security which is not included in that number) when Barrack Hussein Obama leaves office and with an anti-Tea Party big military spender like Paul Ryan as Speaker of the House* we will continue to add to the debt. Not paying it off.

Are they just waiting till baby boomers age-out of being militarily effective before they cut off their Social Security and Medicare?

Does the fact that the most populous state, California, just passed a "Death With Dignity Law" for old timers have anything to do with the Plan?

I don't know the answer, but I know that the news media (even the "conservative" news media) won't ask the question.

So, if you know, please share - What's the Plan?

* The House spends the money. Boner added 4.1 Trillion to it during his tenure as Speaker.

2002 E350 ext.; 160K; 7.3L; 4R100 (w/4x4 deep pan & filter); 4x4 conv. w/2007 F250/F350 coil frnt axle (oppos. dual Bilstein press. shocks cured DW) diff chg from 3.55 to 3.73 (bad!); BW1356 t.c. (bad!); LT265/70R17/E Michelin LTX M/S2; Engel MT60 Combi Fridge-Freezer; 4 BP 380J pv panels; Auragen 5kw AC gen. in top alt. position; Webasto Dual-Top; Voyager top. 1995 5.8L EB Bronco, bone stock.
E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 05:40 PM   #2

Re: What's the Plan?

Step 1: support the COS (Convention of States) efforts in your state to amend the constitution.

Step 2: let folks know that this is how we (through Article 5 of the constitution) get a balanced budget and term limits amendment.

Everything else will work itself out.

http://www.conventionofstates.com/

We can no longer kick the can down the road.
jtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:21 PM   #3

Re: What's the Plan?

jtek: Thank you for your post on this difficult subject. You and others are like Dagny Taggart in Atlas Shrugged, trying to save the union. I think, however, that I am finally resigned to the fact that there are more takers (and their guilt ridden liberal codependents) in America than there are makers. So we are already in the death spiral as a culture.

But what I don't know is what is the leaders of the takers' plan? They must have a plan, because even they must know that they can't afford Social Security and Medicare for the baby boomers and that sometime they will run out of other people's money and China's credit. And big business and establishment Republicans are in on the plan too. Is there a plan? Or is it as simple and as short sighted as "get what you can get now because we are going down in flames like Greece," and although the body politic is still twitching, the central nervous system is dead...

Edit: jtek: I just realized you are in San Antonio. Best of luck with secession.

"The basic premise of the Founding Fathers was man's right to his own life, to his own liberty, to the pursuit of his own happiness - which means: man's right to exist for his own sake, neither sacrificing himself to others nor sacrificing others to himself...." - Ayn Rand
2002 E350 ext.; 160K; 7.3L; 4R100 (w/4x4 deep pan & filter); 4x4 conv. w/2007 F250/F350 coil frnt axle (oppos. dual Bilstein press. shocks cured DW) diff chg from 3.55 to 3.73 (bad!); BW1356 t.c. (bad!); LT265/70R17/E Michelin LTX M/S2; Engel MT60 Combi Fridge-Freezer; 4 BP 380J pv panels; Auragen 5kw AC gen. in top alt. position; Webasto Dual-Top; Voyager top. 1995 5.8L EB Bronco, bone stock.
E350 is offline   Reply With Quote