Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2018, 04:36 PM   #11

We haven't completely settled on a name yet....

In trying to come up with a personalized license plate, we ended up going with HIALT2D because the van sits so high and being 6'-7" tall (before I started shrinking with age) I would get asked "How's the air up there?" all the time.

When we first got the van we took it down to the beach. As we were parking it, a guy who looked and talked exactly like Jeff Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High walked up and said "Dude.....That thing could eat a Prius." So, we sometimes call it Prius Eater.

And finally, we have had quite a number of people say something like "Wow, that thing is a BEAST" the first time they see it.

So, we need to decide on one of the three.

Old 06-02-2018, 05:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
Tardis because it is bigger in the inside than our last van.
It is as sweet in the future as is was in the pas and the present.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:23 AM   #13

El Dueño

When I was growing up my parents would take us out to a Mexican restaurant and, like most restaurants, you could get combo plates with your choice of items. While most restaurants topped out at three item combos this particular restaurant offered a four item option. That one was called El Dueño on the menu.

Even though we were young my brother and I would always seem to order El Dueño and after filling up on chips and salsa plus that huge dinner we would go home in absolute pain from eating too much. So, in short, El Dueño is the four item combo. Excessive and you'll pay for it later but so much fun.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2018, 12:35 PM   #14

Garage
"The Delta Flyer". from the Star Trek series that took place in the Delta Quadrant.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:46 PM   #15

Garage
"Thirsty"......

....named for its (par-for-the-SMB-course) hearty appetite for fuel.

(*Been considering also "Thurston," in honor of the character in the old Hi & Lois comic strip....who was named both "Thirsty" and "Thurston" --- he was known for his similar endless appetite for a "liquid diet," haha )

In either case --- be it adventure van or overzealous drinking buddy --- it's usually well worth the bar tab (or gasoline bill) to keep a friend like Thirsty well-watered. Let the good times roll!
Attached Thumbnails
Thirsty.Thurston.jpg  
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:45 PM   #16

Garage
Wife was completely against a new "toy" after we sold the Boat. After considering many options, I narrowed my interest to an RV. Then discovered the Sportsmobile - Had to have one!!!.
After a couple tantrums and a constant barrage of promises of "adventure with unlimited options" she reluctantly said she would consider the idea... since this man is from mars, I took that as "permission".
Once we were back on speaking terms, she suggested the name "AWOL" - Adventure without limitation. I thought it was great, WE had a name for OUR Van!
NOTE: She absolutely loves the Van!
Old 06-03-2018, 08:29 PM   #17

Nut Wagon. Because I have 5 kids 11 and under and because I also use it to haul granola, and nuts for my business. The meaning is literal or figurative depending on the cargo.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:54 AM   #18

We call ours "Vanna White" because it is so good looking... Also it is a white van.
BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:23 PM   #19

Yolanda....big booty white girl..kinda getto.

I finally did get the framework arms so the whole thing goes up...home made sportsmobile..

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Wanderer-RRORC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 04:16 AM   #20
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Lots of great stories here---as good as the thread about our SMB forum user names.

All my vans are work only, not a bit of camping utility so have always refrained from adding a crafty name. Money pit POS-looking ghetto ride is an apt description though.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
what's your van's name?