Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2012, 05:14 AM   #1

Who's sold on EBAY?

Not vehicles but general merchandise. To make a long story short I sold a $100 item on Sunday. The auction required payment within 24 hours after receiving payment I would ship within 48 hours. The buyer paid on Mon after I had already left for the day, I sent him a message telling him I would ship Tues. The auction was listed for economy shipping for 7-10 days. I sent priority mail w/insurance. No issues until yesterday morning when he complained about not receiving his item when he went to his PO Box yesterday morning and was requiring the tracking number. I was
not home at the time and I told how it was mailed and when. That was not good for him so he opened a dispute about not receiving the item that he paid for with paypal once again demanding the tracking number. I scanned him all of the USPS paperwork where it shows it was sent to him priority mail with insurance. I did not pay for or ask for delivery confirmation and there is no tracking number. I have in the past but not this time. So he sends me another message where he's not satisfied because I didn't provide the delivery confirmation information. So right now I'm stuck, I feel certain that his package will show up Monday. Until then I have to wait. His only comment is my low feedback score (it's 22 BTW). he made the comment that he was concerned because it was low. My comment wants to be that you knew that before buying. What recourse do I have for him? I feel his complaints are premature and the conversation shouldn't even be happening. I have ordered things that have seemed to take a long time to deliver but were only talking 4 days. I've already given him good feedback for quick payment etc....I looked around on the ebay site and there's not much I can see. I would love to block him from buying other items that I know he would be interested in buying.

Sorry for the rant. All feedback is appreciated. This is my first bad EBAY experience.

My Build Thread
SCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Who's sold on EBAY?

Bummer you're having to deal with this, but, hopefully lesson learned. First off USPS would not be my choice to send an ebay item for the simple fact that you have no tracking number to give the customer, that's big when sending an item. Why is your feedback score so low? It's all about communication, proper item description, follow through on shipment, providing a shipping number to track (UPS/Fed Ex) and getting the item as described to them on time and follow up when they get the item to leave you positive feedback. Not much you can do at this point other than to wait it out till Monday to see if it shows, otherwise a refund is in order.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #3

Re: Who's sold on EBAY?

Sorry, My feedback score is 100%. My items bought/sold is 22. This is my 7th or 8th item that I've sold on ebay. So far this person is first person who's asked for the tracking number. In the past I have sent packages with delivery confirmation but I chose not to with this one. Lesson learned!

My Build Thread
Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
Not much you can do at this point other than to wait it out till Monday to see if it shows, otherwise a refund is in order.
I don't have an issue with refunding at all and will do that, I would only think an appropriate amount of time to pass for the package to arrive. The package was sent Tuesday at 12 pm.

My Build Thread
Old 12-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #5

Garage

last time i shipped with usps i got a tracking number. thought that was manditory anymore??

imho, thier tracking is worthless though. they dont update for shit...till after package arrives. super handy

either way sorry to hear about your situation. ebay is a cya affair. always do everything you can to ensure your name cant get dragged through the gutter. so many people have zero life anymore and spend all thier time in front of a computer and have nothing to do but count seconds till thier purchases arrive. kinda sad.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #6

It's not mandatory. It would have been a couple of extra bucks.

I agree completely. That's what bothers me the most. It's a hundred dollar item. A few minutes ago I issued a full refund. I'm not going to file an insurance claim. Chock it up to a lesson learned. At this point I've spent to much time and energy to worry any longer. I have all idea it will be delivered tomorrow.

I've never really put much thought into Karma but I have this morning.

My Build Thread
Old 12-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #7

Garage

Copy and paste your message into a post on the ebay boards....

But, as an ebayer for over 15 years, you never ship a $100 item without tracking, and avoid the USPS whenever you can.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #8

Who's sold on EBAY?

I have given up on EBay, both buying and selling. Just use it to check used prices. The reason is that when selling stuff get buried with the rest of the items and there is no good way to differentiate items so they get noticed. Buying has become overwhelming with the number of similar items. It has also turned into to much of commercial marketplace.

Have had better results with Craigslist. Plus you get to meet the people you are selling to or buying from.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #9

Brian, sorry to hear of your bad experience. I've got over 100 sales and (mostly) buys on Ebay and still have 100% positive feedback, but people are completely and totally impatient these days so it's really just luck of the draw that you got the a**hole. It just astounds me how impatient some can be. 10 years ago you just waited on mail order. Now people expect it tomorrow for free.
Many on the forums know me and Gnarvan are Fedex guys, but I'm not going to advise you to use Fedex next time just cause I work for them. I use UPS more than Fedex, but have never had much luck with the post office. I have had the BEST luck with Fedex Ground over all shipping companies, and by that I mean price (without my discount) and speed. They are knocking it out of the park these days in my opinion, often for cheaper than UPS ground.
I understand it's all about convenience. If you aren't near a Fedex or UPS drop point, it can be a major hassle. I have started to avoid Ebay for selling mostly but that's because we have a great local Craigslist. Once again, it's a convenience thing. If you aren't near a bigger city with a good Craigslist, you can get lost 'in the woods'. Ebay is still good for buying small things IMO such as phone cases & cords, small car parts, etc.
It really sounds like you just got a lousy buyer here. He should give you the benefit of the doubt seeing your feedback score, and if he's been out of his cave in recent years, he should know USPS isn't called snail mail for no reason. If he goes through with slamming you and giving you bad feedback over this, I would call him what he is since you have nothing to lose!

Good luck!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #10

Garage
Who's sold on EBAY?

Sounds like the buyer is the issue. Not life or death. Like the previous post some people have no life.