Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #31

Re: 2005 Quigley E350

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandiesel
Can you post any pictures showing what one might run into with his top? I have a fixed top with an opening that will only work with his top. I had been considering his but now may just leave it well enough alone. At the dollar level it takes to get one my expectation is that he would improve on what has been done before.
The van hasn't been in my possession much Vandiesel. I only have been in it from Colorado to North Carolina. Chris at UJoint has it now in Fletcher, NC. He will be fixing many of the issues before I get it back.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #32

Thanks for the kind words fellas! The UJOR army is strong.

As I said on my build thread, I'm not trying to bash anyone's work, just want to make sure that this isn't repeated and hopefully the outcome is that it doesn't happen again. Here are some of the repairs, I have more pics on my Facebook page as well as over on ExPo. This is the d side rocker panel storage box.

And after, before we undercoated the whole area.

Now it's sealed up so the MudHipy's rockers won't look like swiss cheese in a few years. We also cleaned up some exposed wiring in the pass side rear wheel well, and secured a power wire that is ran directly to the battery. Next up is the underfloor storage.

And here is MudHipy when I drove it out of the shop today for the 1st time! 8" lift on 37's, now a former Quigley. Full 6.0 upgrades too, this van is ready to throw down the miles! We have a short punch list to finish it up Monday----

ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #33
Site Team

That front end is looking bare. What are the plans, Aluminess, stock, custom front bumper?

Herb
Old 09-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #34

I think missle launchers coming out of the bumper mount holes is the only answer to that naked looking front end.

That is one mean lookin rig!

Gnarvan 1992 E350 Clubwagon
Advanced 4WD Systems Conversion

Sotar Legend 12.5' X 22" Cataraft
2003 BMW R1150GS-Adventure
2013 BMW R1200GS-Adventure
Gnarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #35

Wow that does look good...

I really like that van, something about it...

That is just super cool...

The inner rocker panel looks great now too...

...Jamie
2004 F-350 Dana 60
Ultrasport12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #36

I told Harold that I plan to tease him with one of my new front bumpers. if not that, we'll put the stock back on.

This van isn't done!
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJOINT
This van isn't done!
What van ever is?
Old 09-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
Quote:
Originally Posted by UJOINT
This van isn't done!
What van ever is?
Well Herb unless you have a secret you are keeping from us, your van is done...

The truth is no project is ever really done. You finish something and then another idea comes along.
Like three roof vents need I say more?

I didn't know I needed Red Crocs and Rock Slide Engineering Steps until yesterday and today I found out I need a hard tail BMW motorcycle for my van, who knew.

I want my van completely done asap but I also don't as I really enjoy working on it and thinking about what to do next. And thanks to all the great people here on "THE SPORTSMOBILE FORUM" who keep showing all these cool things to get, build and do for them it will never be done now.

...Jamie
2004 F-350 Dana 60
Ultrasport12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:26 AM   #39

Thank you Chris at UJoint Off Road for all your hard work. Let me start off by telling everyone that this van went from thought process to this state of completion is zero to nothing. Once I got the van to Chris he told me exactly what to expect in time and construction. He literally communicated with me on a daily basis at times (even with pictures), to keep me up to speed with the progress. His work ethic and dedication to his work is self evident in his product. I would recommend him to anyone.

As to the front bumper, still up in the air. I realistically don't need a winch, but wouldn't mind a bull bar with a few lights. The rear bumper I'll eventually change out with a swing out to hold my spare tire and box to store some tools, etc. I also want the rear bumper to hold a sharp shooter shovel and axe.

The interior will be next. I'll be doing my interior and will be putting a fold down bed, with some storage bins, a sink and shower (with hot water on demand). I'll be putting the shower and sink next to the 2 side doors and the shower stall will be between the 2 doors opened perpendicular to the truck with a shower rod holding the doors in place and housing the shower head hanger. I'll most likely put a motorcycle wheel chock between the front seats to give me about 9 foot of space to roll up one of my scoots that is 9 foot or less. My other bikes will have to be trailered (9 foot or longer). I plan on putting a Kenwood Excelon DNX6990HD receiver with a backup camera input into the dash. That should be about the extent of it for me. After that, just drive it till ya hear glass and smell sh**! (Okay, I just heard that somewhere I liked it).
Old 09-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #40

Latest picture in from Chris at UJoint. Washed all up and looking perdy!