Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2021, 02:19 PM   #181

Garage
Every time I see pictures of your Rig KDB I have storage envy! I find the access to all those outside compartments considerably more useful (in light of what we do with these Vans). Also, the "touch of home" décor you applied to the inside is very fun - whole ensemble just seems extremely intimate & functional...certainly appeals to me!

Old 03-17-2021, 07:55 AM   #182
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Every time I see pictures of your Rig KDB I have storage envy! I find the access to all those outside compartments considerably more useful (in light of what we do with these Vans). Also, the "touch of home" décor you applied to the inside is very fun - whole ensemble just seems extremely intimate & functional...certainly appeals to me!
Could NOT agree more---this is indeed one of the most interesting builds I've seen in quite a long while!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:43 PM   #183

u skillfully avoided the weight question LOL I often dreamed of having a alaskan camper on a utility bed like yours until now never heard about a Stahl,, looks like great quality equipment
bearwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:47 PM   #184

do u really prefer a van body over a truck body,, 1 thing i really like about a truck is how much it sticks out in front
bearwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 04:50 PM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearwood View Post
do u really prefer a van body over a truck body,, 1 thing i really like about a truck is how much it sticks out in front
Curious why you like the truck front sticking 4' out, vs shorter van nose?
2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 05:49 PM   #186
Site Team

Quote:
The big advantage of the van-based service body is the walk-through from the cab to the box.

Herb
Old 04-29-2021, 09:59 PM   #187
KDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigriver View Post
Good stuff KDB... well done!
Tx BR! Hoping to get rig out again soon. I did get some snow time! ALl systems worked well! Had to dig out the exhaust regularly but other than that...
KDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:03 PM   #188
KDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Tx Two X! The storage really frees up that interior space. I still need to do a bit more organizing in a couple of the outdoor cabinets but overall they're extremely functional. That said, i could use a bit more interior food storage and intend to develop out the cubby hole area that holds the Kodiak back up battery for that use.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:08 PM   #189
KDB

Quote:
u skillfully avoided the weight question LOL I often dreamed of having a alaskan camper on a utility bed like yours until now never heard about a Stahl,, looks like great quality equipment
Hi Bearwood, the weight is listed a few times in the thread. WIth me in the rig and lightly packed im at 10,200#. Not the lighest, not the heaviest. THe storage makes any additonal weight worth it for me, however.

WIth the Agile lift and kit i was getting a bit more body roll that i wanted. I did get a nice sway bar that has improved the ride considerably. I won't be getting much articulation in the rig when im offroad though it can stan handle a good amount even with the sway bar. Can always disconnect if i need more.

Stahl is a utilility body provider. You'll see them around from time to time and still manufacture bodies for trucks and vans.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:11 PM   #190
KDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
The big advantage of the van-based service body is the walk-through from the cab to the box.

Herb
Yeah, the pass through is really convenient if not a bit more cumbersome and genreally more loud. THey each have their benefits and drawbacks of course. Nice to have a van and the pass through imo. Not as nimble on the trail but nice to just jump up into the drivers seat.