Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2018, 06:49 PM   #21
KDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
I’m wrapping up my interior rebuild and used lots of Noico (Dynamat) for sound deadening and thinsulate insulation which was really great to work with, provides not only thermal but acoustic dampening too. Expensive but well worth it.
Thinsulate Acoustic/Thermal Insulation SM600L (50' x 60") https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074XLDV58..._o3oiCb8MHQAYW
Here’s my thread
My big fat interior (re)build
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...6&share_type=t
REF, wow! Great build out. Pretty damn inspiring i must say. I wouldn't trust my skill sets to the interior quality im after. Im trying to be fairly ultralight with my build but would nevertheless like to get some talented hands on it. Advanture is close to me so i may reach out to them to see what they can help with. I'd love to have CCV do their minimalist interior buildout with a poptop but im waiting to hear back from them to see if we can find a top that would work me. Essentially a lowrise poptop with heavy lifting capabililty. If not, i may just keep the top as is which i more than pumped on and have a the interior done somewhere relatively close by. Any recommendations in CA anyone can steer me to for interior work? There is a spot in Huntington Beach that John at Agile mentioned. I've forgotten their name.

KDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:21 AM   #22

Garage
Very cool and unique build, it will be exciting to see what the final result turns out like. Already off to a great start with the Agile conversion and that rear bumper is awesome with the extra width like that. Are you going to put a little cargo basket over the original cab that attaches to the drip rail? I think that would look pretty cool and help blend the looks of the OEM body to the big Utility body.

Keep the updates coming!! I would love to see what kind of usable space is inside too.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDB View Post
There is a spot in Huntington Beach that John at Agile mentioned. I've forgotten their name.
I'm guessing that you mean this guy, but last I read he is in Australia at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLj...hiP30qcUL4VGsA
Old 12-26-2018, 03:58 PM   #24
KDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisnight View Post
Very cool and unique build, it will be exciting to see what the final result turns out like. Already off to a great start with the Agile conversion and that rear bumper is awesome with the extra width like that. Are you going to put a little cargo basket over the original cab that attaches to the drip rail? I think that would look pretty cool and help blend the looks of the OEM body to the big Utility body.

Keep the updates coming!! I would love to see what kind of usable space is inside too.
Tx, Nemesis. Yeah i've been thinking about adding a small basket to the top of the cab with a yakima wind plate on the front to add some aerodynamics. I agree it would help tie the cab and body together a bit aesthetically. What we have planned (as of now) for the roof is the custom aluminess touring rack that will extend about half way over the cab. I'm not certain that will be the final design, however. The body length rack with a cargo basket over the cab would the other option.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:03 PM   #25
KDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork-N-Road View Post
I'm guessing that you mean this guy, but last I read he is in Australia at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLj...hiP30qcUL4VGsA
I'll have to reach out to John at Agile to recall the company he mentioned. The company you linked to looks to do good work though!
Old 12-26-2018, 09:52 PM   #26

Awesome build, I love the uniqueness of it! Would love to know more about the tiger rear bumper. Is that built by aluminess?
gnty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 07:46 AM   #27

Search for member Abitibi. He put some kind of off the shelf pop top on his ambulance roof.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:46 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDB View Post
Wow, UJOR's rig is a beast. Very cool. Cute pup too.
Ujoint just did the 4x4. The rest of that awesome build was by it's owner, username burleydirtyhippy over at Expo. The thread is definitely worth following.

https://www.expeditionportal.com/for....198271/page-5
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:59 PM   #29
KDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnty View Post
Awesome build, I love the uniqueness of it! Would love to know more about the tiger rear bumper. Is that built by aluminess?
Hi Gnty,

Thanks! Yeah it is a unique platform. Im looking forward to the build out. CCV is certain they can install a pop top with electric struts to accommodate the weight load when lifting. It's either some nice interior work or the pop top. Going to CCV would allow for both though im not sure how allowable my budget will be for that right now! Maybe the moderators need to add a new kind of van to the list?! haahaa The UJOR rig as well.

Yes, The Aluminess (Siberian Tiger) bumper was a perfect fit to the back end of the van. It was only option that worked without going complete custom.
There was some mounting fabrication that needed to take place to accommodate it but it was apparently pretty straight forward.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:02 PM   #30
KDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Ujoint just did the 4x4. The rest of that awesome build was by it's owner, username burleydirtyhippy over at Expo. The thread is definitely worth following.

https://www.expeditionportal.com/for....198271/page-5
Nice! I'll check that thread out now.