Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2021, 09:57 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. rock View Post

For bike storage with these, we are planning on hanging them by the rear wheel and doing a fork mount lower on the wall. This saves a huge amount of space in the actual cab area, and means that the bed doesn't have to go over them.

We spent a few hours in the van taking measurements this weekend ands thinking through the interior and while I didn't end up hitting a yard to grab some sheet metal, we did decide against the generic van sofa/bed idea. While I really wanted to just order something, with the taper of the van up high it just wasn't going to work. We'll either turn it into a dinette style area or a slide out bed with 2 tiered storage underneath to function as steps.
Hmm... I'm interested in seeing that setup. I thought about doing that, but I basically have that storage setup in my house for my bikes and they still take up quite a bit of room. Another unforeseen issue is getting bikes on/off the hooks while keeping brake/shifter/dropper cables from getting caught on the other bikes. And that's with the pedals removed from most of the bikes - with pedals installed the bikes take up even more room. I'm still not 100% sure how many bikes I plan to stuff into the van. I'm hoping for at least 4. I like the Singletrack Sampler's setup with his tray in the back - the three bikes he carries are really packed in tight.

IanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 10:18 AM   #12

80" is the distance from inside of the panels. once you add insulation and a pillow for sleeping it will take a few inches away and could still be tight. It is not like you sleep with your head 1/2" from your headboard.
rt66paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:52 PM   #13
JRO

There is nothing better than hot sex and a good night’s sleep! Why not go big? Without question, Sleeping sideways is the way to go... But if you’re going to do it, why not go big? As side to side wide as legally wide and as floor to ceiling tall as practical? More interior space is always better than less. We are already driving a big rig, a little bigger isn’t crazy. I’m prefer not sleeping in the penthouse... I’m normally sleep on a twin size folding mattress on a metal folding bed frame, north-south. When I want to haul motosport toys or anything else big, I fold it all up to make room. It would be awesome to be able to set this up side to side leaving a great deal more useable floor area. Thoughts? (BTW, Any sex would be great...)
Attached Thumbnails
58DC5DB6-A883-4AA5-85FB-576DE64AE62D.jpeg  
JRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:14 PM   #14

Yes,
Same here?
ConnieKat
ConnieKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:09 PM   #15

Are these specific to the window van window hole?
Curious, as I have a cargo van.
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:42 AM   #16

i do not know if I missed it but you spoke of a welder so are these metal, composite or fiberglass?
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 10:26 AM   #17

No, not specific to the window hole. Cargo vans will work just fine and you'll have a few inches of freedom in terms of exactly where they go.

These are fiberglass. I am welding on my van as I have to cover up the RV conversion style windows. CO got a pretty good storm this weekend so I didn't make any real progress on that end unfortunately.

Yes - 80" at their widest point, subtract a few for insulation on both sides, and it's quickly approaching only about 76".

'05 Pleasure Way Excel TS V10, still boring and 2wd
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:10 PM   #18

That's great news!!
If these are one-off's, I wonder if cargo vans can get a larger benefit.
Either way, do you have any advice on how to track some down?
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:33 AM   #19

They're not one offs. Flarespace has made a first batch and plans to continue making them, reach out to them for info on scheduling/price/etc.

We've been getting a continuous string of snow storms but I was able to get a junk yard and cut the extra sheet metal out that I will need to patch beneath the windows. Should have the garage wired up for 220 this weekend and the fun can commence shortly thereafter.

'05 Pleasure Way Excel TS V10, still boring and 2wd
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 04:01 PM   #20

they are available now! flarespace.com/collections/flares/products/ford-e-series-flares
_flarespace_ is offline   Reply With Quote