Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #1

Eli's brackets and CamplingLab Awning

Just finished installing my awning last night. Great service from both vendors. Eli's brackets are awesome. I definitely appreciate the fabrication and the perfect welds. Nice job Eli. I picked up the awning from Campinglab.com. Ordered it online and my awning was shipped the next day. The awning is very light, only 23lbs, which was a huge selling point. Its also very easy to setup alone.
First the brackets. They still need some fine tuning. I think AdventureDuo ran into this same problem. The bracket once mounted sits to close to the pop-top. The water seal around the pop-top interferes with brackets. It actually pinched it pretty hard when I closed the roof. I knew it was going to be worse when I installed the awning and ran the bolts through.
Sorry, crappy cell phone pic.

The awning

And here you can see , looks like it clears just fine but unfortunately it doesn't.

I may have to take it all off and bend the brackets forward. I really don't want too, but we'll see.

You can see the seal and how its damaged. I need to re seat that with some super glue.
When I raise the penthouse the seal just falls down. I don't have pics of the awning open, I finished installing it late last night, took these pics in the morning.

Overall for what this all cost me, I'm very happy with it.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Eli's brackets and CamplingLab Awning

Yep, I would like to see that awning deployed.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #3

Can you get clearance by shortening the bolts (dremmel!) or doing something like reversing them and using a carriage bolt?
Old 10-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
Can you get clearance by shortening the bolts (dremmel!) or doing something like reversing them and using a carriage bolt?
Wouldnt help much. The seal makes contact with the bracket before it touches the bolts, then when it does it just makes matters worse. Ill probably do it anyway, only because I dont want to take everything off to bend the bracket. If i have a second person while im opening the penthouse, they can push the top as it opens to clear the bracket, same thing when I close it. I just see that getting annoying after a while.