Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2008, 05:23 PM   #1

How to add pictures to a post

I've read and reread the instructions but I stall don't get the whole process. I use Picasa for my photos. I have a Google account. I have a bunch of photos to post. Can somebody take me by the hand and guide me through the process leaving out as much of the jargon and acronyms as possible?

07 BMW 525xi wagon
Christopher Thwaites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to Velogeo
To add pictures to a post it has to be in your photo album, your sportsmobileforum.com photo album.

Click the "My Album" link up above. Up load whatever pictures you want by clicking the "Upload Image" button. Give the picture a title, then click the "browse" button. Find the picture on your computer just like you were opening it in a program. Click the "Submit" button just like posting to a thread.

Now, once it's in your album there will be a little text field under it. You just copy that text and paste it into your message. It'll look something like.

Code:
Which translates to

When people read your post.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #3

It doesn't HAVE to be in your Sportsmobileforum album, but where ever it is it does have to be ONLINE, the site has to allow LINKS and it has to end in a photo extension. (.jpg, .gif etc)

I also have Picasaweb photos and I know from experience that they don't allow links, so that is likely what is happening. And I understand your next thought- if Picasaweb allowed links I'd have a lot more photos posted!
Old 07-08-2008, 03:56 PM   #4

If I was smarter you could have anticipated my next question but even though I make my living dependent on a computer I still don't understand how to upload pictures from wherever they might be to "my album". I guess my question is.....where do the pics need to be so that when I push the "upload" button on the "my album" window they upload to the window?
I know this seems sooooo simple to most folks but it isn't simple to me...sorry!
07 BMW 525xi wagon
Christopher Thwaites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to Velogeo
They need to be somewhere on your computer. Even if you have them in Picasa they'll be files somewhere on your hard drive. Start by looking for your Pictures or My Pictures folder.

To ask a similarly simple question, have you copied the pictures from your camera to the computer?
Old 07-09-2008, 08:48 AM   #6

In picasa you can also right click on an image and choose "locate on disk", this will open a folder on your hard drive. The nice thing is you can take the information in the address bar of that folder (e.g. C:\documents and settings\user\my computer\my photos\canadatrip)

Copy that and paste it into the "Upload a image from your machine:" in the Upload screen, then add a backslash \
and hit the "Browse..." button- you'll be in that folder.

The next time open the Upload screen on the website you should be in that folder again.